• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Does this only appeal to ladies' sense of humour?

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
This landed in my email inbox this morning and all the ladies I've shown it to have found it really very funny, so does it have the same effect on men or is the whole subject area such a taboo one that it's beyond you?

The Facecloth

I was due for a routine cervical smear with the Doctor later in the week, when, early this morning I received a call from the Doctor's office to tell me the appointment had to be urgently rescheduled for this morning at 9.30. I had only just packed everyone off to work and school and it was already 8.45, and as the journey to the surgery took about half an hour I didn't have any time to spare.​

As most women do, I like to take a little extra effort over "hygiene" when making such visits, but this time wasn't going to be able to make the full effort. So, I rushed upstairs to the bathroom, threw off my pyjamas, wet the facecloth that was sitting by the sink and gave myself a quick wash in the necessary area to make sure I was at least presentable. I threw the facecloth in the laundry basket, donned some clothes, hopped in the car and raced to my appointment.​

I was in the waiting room for only a few moments when I was called in. Knowing the procedure, as most women will, I hopped up on the table, discarded my lower garments and proceded to fix my attention on the opposite side of the room and pretend I was in Paris or some other place a million miles away. I was a little surprised when the Doctor suddenly exclaimed "My, we have made an extra effort this morning haven't we?!" I didn't respond, there didn't seem anything appropriate to say.​

After the appointment, I heaved a sigh of relief, got dressed and went home. The rest of the day was spent quite normally - shopping, cleaning etc.​

Later, after I got home from picking my 7 year old daughter up from school, she called out from the bathroom "Mummy, where's my facecloth?" I told her to get a clean one from the cupboard.​

She replied "No, I need the one that was here by the sink, it had all my glitter saved inside it!"​

I am never going back to that Doctor, ever!

Ok, that answers that question then. Maybe you need to understand about little girls and their glitter and the trauma we go through in having a smear test.

That truely is the worst joke I have ever read in my entire life. Wow thanks Kay that is 3 minutes of my life I will never get back.

Ok, that answers that question then. Maybe you need to understand about little girls and their glitter and the trauma we go through in having a smear test.

nope you just need your ******** sense of humour, something you have proven time and time again

that is possibly the worst joke i've ever heard (and i don't know anyone, male or female who would find it funny)

nope you just need your ******** sense of humour, something you have proven time and time again

that is possibly the worst joke i've ever heard (and i don't know anyone, male or female who would find it funny)

Come on Jon that was a bit below the belt mate there was no need for that.

That is because you are possibly the worst chauvinist I've ever had the misfortune to come across. You feel so threatened at the thought of a woman daring to come across and join in conversations that you deem to be male only, that you are unable to treat me even with courtesy. How did I know that you would automatically leave me neg rep for about the 10th time? Why will you not put me on ignore as I have repeatedly requested you to do? Then you would not have had to read my anecdote. Your opinion matters to me not at all, and I feel perfectly at liberty to enquire as to whether men do share the same humour as women as I invariably find your "jokes" be they verbal or pictoral, to be in poor taste and yet other blokes crack up at them.

Don't think its an understanding issue. We understand about blokes and having a cotton bud stuffed in the japs eye, and related trauma, so here goes:

The Cockcloth

I was due for a routine **** Check with the Doctor later in the week, when, early this morning I received a call from the Doctor's office to tell me the appointment had to be urgently rescheduled for this morning at 9.30. I had only just packed everyone off to work and school and it was already 8.45, and as the journey to the surgery took about half an hour I didn't have any time to spare.

As most Men do, I like to take a little extra effort over "hygiene" when making such visits, but this time wasn't going to be able to make the full effort. So, I rushed upstairs to the bathroom, threw off my pyjamas, wet the facecloth that was sitting by the sink and gave myself a quick wash in the necessary area to make sure I was at least presentable. I threw the facecloth in the laundry basket, donned some clothes, hopped in the car and raced to my appointment.

I was in the waiting room for only a few moments when I was called in. Knowing the procedure, as most blokes will, I hopped up on the table, discarded my lower garments and proceded to fix my attention on the opposite side of the room and pretend I was in Paris Hilton or some other place a million miles away. I was a little surprised when the Doctor suddenly exclaimed "My, we have made an extra effort this morning haven't we?!" I didn't respond, there didn't seem anything appropriate to say.

After the appointment, I heaved a sigh of relief, got dressed and went home. The rest of the day was spent quite normally - working hard, earning a living etc.

Later, after I got home from picking my 7 year old daughter up from school, she called out from the bathroom "Mummy, where's my facecloth?" I told her to get a clean one from the cupboard.

She replied "No, I need the one that was here by the sink, it had all my glitter saved inside it!"

I am never going back to that Doctor, ever!

---

Still not funny

That is because you are possibly the worst chauvinist I've ever had the misfortune to come across. You feel so threatened at the thought of a woman daring to come across and join in conversations that you deem to be male only, that you are unable to treat me even with courtesy. How did I know that you would automatically leave me neg rep for about the 10th time? Why will you not put me on ignore as I have repeatedly requested you to do? Then you would not have had to read my anecdote. Your opinion matters to me not at all, and I feel perfectly at liberty to enquire as to whether men do share the same humour as women as I invariably find your "jokes" be they verbal or pictoral, to be in poor taste and yet other blokes crack up at them.

time of the month ? :)

ps it's a joke!

why do woman all feel the need to tell jokes??????????

fek me they cant point a stearing wheel in the right direction! how are they gonna learn the ancient art of timing

time of the month ? :)

ps it's a joke!

Nice edit - was going to reply to it before the P.S. All this was was an exercise to see if things that women do find genuinely funny appeal to men in the same way. I have shown this to at least 20 women today, and ALL have found it funny - and that doesn't mean just the "polite" laughter, I do know the difference. I don't think it warranted the personal nature of the attack I received.

Ask your girlfriends or wives if they find it funny.

to be fair this joke would have been better, try this on your female friends:

Nothing worse than after sex, looking down and seeing that limp used condom hanging off your dick.

Particularly when you weren't wearing one when you started.

Or:

There's an old saying:
An apple a day keeps the doctors away.

But nowadays most doctors seem to be Muslim - I find that bacon is far more effective.

Michael Jackson and his wife are in the recovery room with their new baby son.

The doctor walks in and Michael asks: "Doctor, how long before we can have sex?"

The doctor replies, "I'd wait until he's at least 14."

Back