• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK

Life President⭐⭐
Down my road it's gone crazy this last year. It seems that only about half of dog walkers pick it up. The young guys are the worst that walk their dogs to the shops. They don't even carry a poo bag for when I pull them up on it.

Our favourite scot is now the front runner for the Yeovil job. He's just cut short his work with Torquay as an advisor. If he gets the job, I hope you will all join me in wishing him all the very best.
I always remember his first two sessions of training with hardly any players after they all jumped ship through not being payed etc etc. He seemed to spend all the time on the mobile at Boots and Laces desperately trying to get players in. He got some good ones in, and some rubbish, but the main thing was that we had the nucleus of a fair team to build on, and things were suddenly looking up, despite the dire situation the club was in. Some of those players had played for Paul Sturrock before, and jumped at the chance to play for him again. So hats off again to Paul Sturrock.

He has my vote.

Excellent lower league manager and I thought he did a great job here under crazy circumstances !

Good luck PS.

He has my vote.

Excellent lower league manager and I thought he did a great job here under crazy circumstances !

Good luck PS.

Hello any mods. Can you delete the Paul Sturrock thread as it's gone in the wrong place and it won't let me delete. Thanks.
Now in it's rightful place in Shrimpers chit chat.

Is this thread about dog poo or Paul Sturrock? :unsure:

Dogs off the lead in public places are my particular bete noir.

It really annoys me when a Staff terrier or rottweiler approaches my family at speed with the owner a dot on the horizon shouting "he's friendly!"

Some people would class Paul Sturrock & dog poo as the same thing......:whistling:

Hello Glasgow Shrimper

It really annoys me when a Staff terrier or rottweiler approaches my family at speed with the owner a dot on the horizon shouting "he's friendly!"

Amen. On holiday I had two big dogs leap out of a van as me and the fam walked to the windswept beach. The bloke alerted us by tooting his horn. :nope:

Some people would class Paul Sturrock & dog poo as the same thing......:whistling:

Hello Glasgow Shrimper

If I was playing Mallet's Mallet, 'Glasgow Shrimper' would be my first reply if Paul Sturrock was mentioned. I never quite understood quite why he hated him *so* much.

Yes, two staffies walking off the lead with a family have just attacked another staffie in Chalkwell park. The owners child were crying her eyes out as the dogs attacked and one ripped part of the ear off. The owners of the two dogs weren't interested, and now owner of the attacked dog had to pay out £456 vets bill as well as all the upset to owner and now terrified dog.
But it's OK, they're friendly............well maybe not to other dogs.

As a (I hope) responsible dog owner, all the above is not acceptable behaviour, and the reason why licensing should be brought back to attempt to ensure that only people capable of managing their dog are allowed to have one. Our dogs have always gone off lead, but only when appropriate, away from roads or groups of people trying to enjoy the countryside/have a picnic etc. I also have to say that dogs should only be off lead when recall is perfect. We are currently training a puppy, and she wont be going off near anyone or anything until she turns on a dime to race back to me when I whistle. Apart from anything else, I have to be aware of any danger to her, or annoyance to the general public and be able to manage it correctly.

I have to say that the "he's friendly" shout infuriates me beyond belief - it matters not whether your dog is the saviour of mankind, if it isn't under direct control, it must not be off lead, you have no idea who or what it will encounter, when you are not in a position to deal with the situation as a responsible owner must be. Always amused me when a dog owner would attempt to justify their total lack of control by saying "he only wants to play" or "he's friendly" as their pooch raced towards ours (walking perfectly calmly by my side). Best thing to shout back is "well, mine's not", and watch them move then.

There is no excuse for owners not sorting their dog's poo out properly. Over Priory park a small minority let them do it where ever, football play areas etc. When my dog is in season I try to take her at quiet times to quiet places; the Thorpe Bay Tennis Club is a good, safe area with signs of dogs allowed - ON LEAD, pick up poo, FPN £80 fines etc at every gate YET always there is some barber jacketed, blue rinse thorpie "lady", or two, who thinks the signs etc don't apply to her or her dog. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

£1000 fine for leaving dog poo but horse riders that use public roads let their horses **** on the road and don't get fined.

In Miami dotted around they have poo bags by their dog bins and in random areas. Good idea but can't see it happening in the UK.

In Miami dotted around they have poo bags by their dog bins and in random areas. Good idea but can't see it happening in the UK.

I have seen this in the UK, but it is rare. I think people just go to these dispensers and strip them bare in 1 visit - free poo bags!! Most local councils also give out free bags, but for God's sake, you can get 100 for £1 in loads of shops - no excuse people!

My vets they have the same poo bags that we use at work which are good quality at 37p a bag of 50. You could even use nappy sacks. Let's be honest it's just pure laziness!

As a dog owner people not picking up poo really angers me. But the weirdest trend is people bagging it THEN just leaving it on the pavement! You have done the hard part! Worst example was someone who had bagged a jobby, taken it to a poo bin then just left it on top. How lazy is that? Typical of the social breakdown of this society, thank you Thatcher.

Back