• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

While we're discussing waitrose prices - I found their basics range to be well priced and really good. If you base your shop around that then you can do a 'big shop' that's a pretty reasonable price.

Compared to Sainsbury's it's not bad at all

As it stands at the moment, its a gigantic climbing frame!

And I have visions of it being in the same place in five years time - rusting, creaking, listing dangerously towards the Waitrose car park . . . .

Just to keep the Supermarket theme going had to go to Aldi on Thursday so took a little detour to B & L. Old tennis courts stacked high with massive lumps of 'meccano'. About half the car park roped off to allow K.E. king lorries to bring in more 'meccano'.

Interestingly they have fenced off (using 6 foot high mesh fencing) a 20 foot (ish) wide strip that runs the length of B&L from the carpark to the bottom of the pitches.

Does this mean that they are planning to start construction of the dome on B & L land and not where the training facilities were going to be?

If so:

1 Does this mean that the new stadium is not going to be built soon (years) or never?
2 The whole new stadium development is going back to the drawing board with possibly a much scaled down stadium and development?

My guess would be that the shopping area will be reduced and the Dome will become part of that area down the right hand side..It makes sense as retail stores/parks are not what they were when planning was first given. This would also bring an income in.

Maybe why RM had a meeting with council the other week to see if this can be done without going back to square 1 planning wise.

The last the council heard Ron intended to build a 4-sided stadium (not 3-sided) and the retail park (which is gathering potential occupants at the moment). Also there was a significant development (no pun intended) within the last month or so regarding the stadium and retail park. There is a lot of work going on behind the scenes, but if they need planning permission for the dome then the best thing to do is keep tabs on the council's planning web page to see if an application is put in (and also Rochford Council too). If one is not put in then presumably they don't need it, or they have no intention of putting it up anytime soon. It would be completely wrong to say the stadium plans are dead because there is progress being made (albeit slowly).

Just been past the training ground and they've got about 20 sections of the structure laid out along the training pitches. guessing they've run out of room on the all weather pitch!

My guess would be that the shopping area will be reduced and the Dome will become part of that area down the right hand side..It makes sense as retail stores/parks are not what they were when planning was first given. This would also bring an income in.

Maybe why RM had a meeting with council the other week to see if this can be done without going back to square 1 planning wise.
That could work, I remember something similaron the retail park for one of the away games I went to in the championship, waseither Derby or Stoke can’t remember which. But they had a big indoor footballarea with 5 a side pitches which was very busy on the Saturday of the game, I’msure it’s a decent source of revenue.

That could work, I remember something similaron the retail park for one of the away games I went to in the championship, waseither Derby or Stoke can’t remember which. But they had a big indoor footballarea with 5 a side pitches which was very busy on the Saturday of the game, I’msure it’s a decent source of revenue.

I doubt there would be room for these domes down the right hand side, they are massive and would take up the whole width of that area. I still think Ron could be looking at putting them somewhere else maybe over the back of B&Q or as I said before Cherry Orchard lane.

There are currently NO deviations away from the active proposals. The retail park and stadium will not change in size or location. I would imagine Ron will only be considering building it on the proposed new training ground on the land north of Fossetts Way which he currently has planning permission for (whether the dome has is another question yet to be answered). IMHO he will not want to waste more time and money in a new application on a different piece of land nearby, nor reconstructing it on Boots & Laces and then relocating it several years (or months) later. Lets not forget the new training facility will need to be built and opened before the stadium and retail work can start (due to site access), so when he was quoted in the Echo as saying it will "go hand-in-hand with the stadium plans" perhaps he is thinking ahead towards getting the new training facility built which is the first crucial step (after the Roots Hall redevelopment is agreed that is).

There are currently NO deviations away from the active proposals. The retail park and stadium will not change in size or location. I would imagine Ron will only be considering building it on the proposed new training ground on the land north of Fossetts Way which he currently has planning permission for (whether the dome has is another question yet to be answered). IMHO he will not want to waste more time and money in a new application on a different piece of land nearby, nor reconstructing it on Boots & Laces and then relocating it several years (or months) later. Lets not forget the new training facility will need to be built and opened before the stadium and retail work can start (due to site access), so when he was quoted in the Echo as saying it will "go hand-in-hand with the stadium plans" perhaps he is thinking ahead towards getting the new training facility built which is the first crucial step (after the Roots Hall redevelopment is agreed that is).

What's the chances he tries to use the dome as our stadium

I hear there's a decent size plot in Greenwich which is empty. It's only up the road and would presumably be easier to sub-let or rent out. Just a thought.

Back