• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

In all seriousness it is ridiculous. We make an announcement and in less than a week the first deadline given has been missed (assuming the 48hrs came from Ron).

What is telling is that no one is getting annoyed about this, it's almost as though we are used to it and expect it......

The 'within 48 hours' was from the echo article and didn't have a single mention of who said it or whether anyone did say it as there were no quote marks.

You are bang on with the last bit though, no-one is holding their breath that this will be up soon.

This 48 hours malarkey seems to be an unsubstantiated timeline and little should be made of it. Why have we got the spotter planes out around sunny saarfend? Do we know its even being stored locally?

The dome news has arisen and given us all something to cogitate over and enhanced the name, Ron 'man of mystery' Martin. Like with 99% of conjecture on this site, the domes movements, are opined in the absence of fact and endlessly regurgitated until 'some' believe it to be true.

Personally I await to see the dome arrive, find out where it is to be erected and where it fits into the larger FF picture. Time will tell.

The 'within 48 hours' was from the echo article and didn't have a single mention of who said it or whether anyone did say it as there were no quote marks.

You are bang on with the last bit though, no-one is holding their breath that this will be up soon.

I read somewhere that the dome dismantling and removal from the London site has to be completed by 15th January 2015.

In all seriousness it is ridiculous. We make an announcement and in less than a week the first deadline given has been missed (assuming the 48hrs came from Ron).

What is telling is that no one is getting annoyed about this, it's almost as though we are used to it and expect it......

The 48 hours was for it to be expected to be delivered to the training gound, it may not though, it could be delivered anywhere and no promise of it within 48 hours, and if not does it matter?

I dont think people are getting annoyed because there is nothing to get annoyed about, it not like it was going to be erected this week.

And someone asked on another forum why Ron isn't giving information out...

The 48 hours was for it to be expected to be delivered to the training gound, it may not though, it could be delivered anywhere and no promise of it within 48 hours, and if not does it matter?

I dont think people are getting annoyed because there is nothing to get annoyed about, it not like it was going to be erected this week.

That was me. I can understand him not posting dates and deadlines, because he keeps missing them and then gets slated, but to not make a statement about the mystery dome money and Prospects/Lidl just adds to speculation and guesswork as to what state our club is in financially at the moment. I think as we are paying customers and lifeblood of the club, we deserve to be told where this windfall dome money came from.

Q. Has Southend Utd bought it, or has Ron ? (with the club, or anyone else, having to rent it from him ?)

Just said on BBC news that half of a giant aircraft hanger has been stolen from an air museum in Essex!*! :omg:

just seen on the news that half an aircraft hanger has gone missing from rural essex. dome / hangar - same thing?

You don't think...

:blush:

just read on a BBC web page that part of an aircraft hanger has gone missing.

He wouldn't, would he. :smile:

Just said on BBC news that half of a giant aircraft hanger has been stolen from an air museum in Essex!*! :omg:

2s0h2f8.png

Sorry , genuinely don't understand your first sentence The report in the echo was for it to be delivered to the training ground in 48 hours. I have already made he point that we don't know if Ron said this, what's the alternative Philips made it up ?

Does it matter/ should we be annoyed --- yes it should matter as again a simple piece of information has been proved to be incorrect. Why say anything if its going to be wrong. personally I get annoyed when I am fed BS are you saying you don't ! We expect it, which is very telling, and very sad . If Phillips has It wrong then he should know better- its pretty black and white- on either said 48 hours or he didn't

The dome, which has been dismantled since leaving its Greenwich base, is due to arrive at the Shrimpers training ground within the next 48 hours.

united we stand;1687649 [I said:
The dome,[/I] which has been dismantled since leaving its Greenwich base, is due to arrive at the Shrimpers training ground within the next 48 hours.

Well it may all be inaccurate as I would suggest it was dismantled before leaving its Greenwich base. Damn journalism! :smile:

Well it may all be inaccurate as I would suggest it was dismantled before leaving its Greenwich base. Damn journalism! :smile:

You're right. It would be dismantled and then moved ..... under the cover of darkness to a secret location .... meanwhile shooting of the new Bond film starts at the same time - perhaps just a co-incidence, perhaps not. "Call me Martin, Ron Martin". Now that is a Spectre .......

Back