• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Donald Trump

Should Donald Trump be banned from visiting the UK?

• Ban him.

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Ignore the clown.

Votes: 17 81.0%
  • Bart.

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters
I wonder how many of the people who signed the petition were all JeSuisCharlie twelve months ago.

That was about freedom of speech and solidarity with journalists who satirised religious fanatics. Trump isn't anti-fanaticism, he wants to ban the travel of a whole religion.

That's right if you mock some ones religion and your from a left wing trendy satirical magazine, then its cool. But if your a wealthy right wing American then your a racist xenophobe.

That's right if you mock some ones religion and your from a left wing trendy satirical magazine, then its cool. But if your a wealthy right wing American then your a racist xenophobe.

You're a racist xenophobe if you want to ban people of a particular religion from entering your country.

You're a racist xenophobe if you want to ban people of a particular religion from entering your country.

Or you might just know enough about Americans to know it will gain you votes.

Would he not be more islamaphobe than xenophobe

so are you saying banning a few million people based on their religion is ok but taking the **** out of someone's god is unacceptable?

so are you saying banning a few million people based on their religion is ok but taking the **** out of someone's god is unacceptable?

Nope... Just like to point out your hypocrisy.

Remember after Sheffield away people were 'outraged' at Southend fans singing Ten German Bombers. We had the usual boxes ticked by the morally superior amongst us... racist, offensive etc. Yet the next Saturday we all had to sing the French National anthem if you was at a premiership match. A song of course which celebrates the killing of....Germans

I don't care what Trump wants to do. If he wants to ban Muslims that's his choice, at least he has told everyone in advance. If Americans don't agree with him they can vote for someone else.

Perhaps if Ed Miliband had been a bit more Trump and a bit less wet weekend your beloved Labour party would not have been so badly thrashed in May.

Nope... Just like to point out your hypocrisy.

Remember after Sheffield away people were 'outraged' at Southend fans singing Ten German Bombers. We had the usual boxes ticked by the morally superior amongst us... racist, offensive etc. Yet the next Saturday we all had to sing the French National anthem if you was at a premiership match. A song of course which celebrates the killing of....Germans

I don't care what Trump wants to do. If he wants to ban Muslims that's his choice, at least he has told everyone in advance. If Americans don't agree with him they can vote for someone else.

Perhaps if Ed Miliband had been a bit more Trump and a bit less wet weekend your beloved Labour party would not have been so badly thrashed in May.
If your post was intending to point out my hypocrisy then you failed.
I never sang 10 German bombers and I never sang the French national anthem and I have no idea what their words translate as. If you didn't point that out at the time that it was topical maybe you should have.
Yes he has told everyone in advance and lots of UK citizens and politicians have told him in advance that he should expect a frosty reception here as a result.
No one got thrashed in May except the Lib Dems. Labour's vote increased in England but SNP wiped everyone out in Scotland - that was Labour's main downfall. Being more Trump would not benefit Labour at all as that would mean they would have to morph in more of a UKIP or even BNP vibe at would point Labour would not exist.

There is an awful lot of popular noise around Donald Trump. He is one of those tub thumpers that likes to berate people in order to get some of the US population on his side. I've been watching as much as I can of his performances and there is so little actual substance or fact in any of his speeches that it is a wonder that anyone over there finds him an attractive proposition as a Presidential candidate. Maybe it's a reflection on the lack of charisma of other Republican runners.

Luckily, regardless of what some may say about him, there is no way that the silent majority of decent American citizens will vote for Mr Trump. He will, however, have received an awful lot of publicity as a result of his campaign. As for banning him from the UK............of course we shouldn't, and we won't. One of the better things that I have found from the electronic age, by the way, is the ability to make Parliament debate something following the public gathering enough electronic votes to make them do so. For too long MPs and Ministers have got away with blue murder through apathy from the voting public.

I never sang 10 German bombers and I never sang the French national anthem and I have no idea what their words translate as. If you didn't point that out at the time that it was topical maybe you should have.
Yes he has told everyone in advance and lots of UK citizens and politicians have told him in advance that he should expect a frosty reception here as a result.
No one got thrashed in May except the Lib Dems. Labour's vote increased in England but SNP wiped everyone out in Scotland - that was Labour's main downfall. Being more Trump would not benefit Labour at all as that would mean they would have to morph in more of a UKIP or even BNP vibe at would point Labour would not exist.

Not only in England -there was also a 1% swing to Labour in Wales as well.

I don't mean a change of policy to the right. I mean stand up and be counted for your core voters. As your own party investigation has just concluded nobody knew what your policies were.

Your tactic of having a leader with zero charisma sit on the fence and hope the 'nasty' party would lose votes to UKIP whilst the deserting Liberal vote changed to Labour proved to be a disaster.

Any working man worth his salt could see defeat coming your way. You should try listening a bit more to Essex man, rather than the metropolitan elite and post code discriminating pollsters.

P.S to save you being offended when I use the term man that includes both sexes, LBGT and the undecided.

Back