• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Doncaster Rovers 3-0 Southend United

Ricey

I’m a Mod, that’s unpossible⭐⭐
Staff member
Embarrassing, pathetic, gutless.... getting a little fed up of starting this with similar words.

Hats off to all those poor souls who made the trip tonight.

https://www.shrimperzone.com/zoneratings/ratings.php?fixture=38

Thought we might have kicked on from a positive result against Charlton, but seems not.

Losing 3-0 with only one shot on target? Not expecting to beat them, but sounded like the performance was very poor for the majority of it.

Need to invest in defenders. Turner hasn't been good for a while. White is ok and while I've been impressed by Moore, he won't be with us much longer.

Also, with all the injuries we've had lately and the amount of time Cox has been playing with the work he puts in, at 3-0 down with 10-15 minutes, just get him off and not risk him. Put someone on to try and gain control of the game, while protecting one of our most valuable players from joining the long list of absentees.

Embarrassing, pathetic, gutless.... getting a little fed up of starting this with similar words.

Hats off to all those poor souls who made the trip tonight.
totally agree - I usually go to Doncaster but this year I bought the TV ifollow and was so disappointed with what I saw. We are losing nothing coming from the forwards but not a problem coz Powell has 3 forwards on the bench. Surely he will make a change - er no!!! Sorry for me Powell and his croneys have to go :-(

Same as so many games this season.

Weak in defence. Midfield non existent, with no desire to win balls or move with the ball. No creativity and didn't supply any service to the front 2 or should I say 1

Front 2 with cox out wide is another ridiculous Powell decision. We had no goal threat and any long balls were dealt with easily by the Donny defence.

This really is getting boring now Powell. You stand on the sidelines completely mute and expect passion from your team. Your selections are borderline amateur. And the confidence level of the team is shot to bits.

Either get the team to show some bollox or let Someone else in who can.

Adam Barrett spotted leaving the Den on his phone. Rumour has it Ron has made the call.

We will finish in the top 6.

You won't t win games if you don't compete.Macca and Mantom poor Dieng just behind.Thought Klass did well before being taken off.Felt sorry for Humphreys very little supplied to him.Massive game on Saturday

I think the whole season has been one of HOPING for the best and being surprised by a good win.
Injuries, one after the other, and that January transfer window has knocked wind out of sails unless there are 1500 Shrimpers and something to play for.
I think there will be 8-10 clubs skirting the last two relegation spots, and we'll be one of them.
The way things are going we could end up 10th or 21st.

Watched the entire game on iFollow and really wish I hadn’t. I really feel for the poor souls that made the trip north tonight. The team has really let them down.

We started both halves brightly having decent possession and pressing high. But for both of these 15 minute spells we never really threatened. It was very similar to our opening spell at the Valley on Saturday. Powell’s got to get into this side and tell them that you can have all of the ball that you want but if you don’t get some shots off and create some chances it’s a useless exercise.

Elvis Bwomono had another of his games where I really doubt if he’ll make it as a League One defender. I lost count of the amount of times he raced forward beyond the midfield, we lost possession and Doncaster attacked the space he’d left behind. I’m all for positive forward play from full-back but pick your battles for ****’s sake. We struggled to keep possession all night and I think a more experienced defender would know to reign it in a bit until his teammates could string a few passes together.

Stephen Humphrys had his second match in succession chasing shadows and you’ve got to feel for the guy. He’s clearly a talented player at this level but he really is feeding on scraps at the moment. No wonder he’s shooting from distance like he did on Saturday.

I couldn’t really work out what was wrong formation-wise tonight but whatever the game plan was really didn’t work. It looked like Donny had oceans of space all over the field but especially in central midfield. Their first goal came massively against the run of play but after that they never looked in any real danger.

I can’t remember a game where we created so little in ninety minutes. I’ve got an early start on Saturday as it’s a 2 hour trip to the Hall for me. After tonight I do wonder why I bother.

That was the worst I’ve seen from Southend this season.

The whole episode was non sensical.

Klass hasn’t pulled up any trees for the 23s all season and hasn’t started a first team game since October. That’s just so random to throw him in tonight in a role that :-

a) isn’t really what he’s equipped to do - he has 1 goal all season for 23s as opposed to Hutchinson’s 17 from exactly that position...
b) meant our best attacking player (Cox) had to move out to the left

He rests Kightly after a good performance centrally Saturday but then uses him early on as a sub out wide ?‍♂️ I know he struggles but he only played 70 mins Saturday!!!!

Macca simply contributes nothing. Literally nothing but stays on the whole game where we are simply dire in an attacking sense.

Finally at 3-0 down he has Kelman Hutchinson and Wabo all of whom would benefit massively from even 15 mins first team football under no pressure and al of whom have a history and reputation for scoring goals and he opts to use none of them and only makes two subs!!!!!

Harry Lennon simply can’t be fit as why take him if when you’re CB gets injured you bring on Turner ahead of him? Worse still once it was 3-0 with one sub left and not using your three attacking youngsters why not give him 15 mins to ease him back in?

I despair tonight. Worst £10 I’ve ever spent.

Tonight’s defeat was our seventeenth defeat this season. SEVENTEENTH. Only Bradford and Wimbledon have lost more than us and they sit 23rd and 24th in the league. The struggle is real.

Think we are relegated already, as the majority of players have surrendered without a fight. Believe we will get well tonked on Saturday !

Funny thing is, Saturday is the type of game where we will actually show up for. We might not get the win but we’ll battle well for a point. We’ll then lose against the next **** team we play because we are also ****.

Back