• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jedi Shrimper

formerly Drastic™
Onwards & upwards. Starting XI?

I'd go for...
Bentley
Coker Bolger Prosser White
Worrall Timlin Wordsworth Leonard
........Payne
Pigott​

Bentley,
White, Bolger, Barrett, Coker,
Worrall, Timlin, Wordsworth, Weston,
Payne,
Pigott

Thought Barrett did well, Payne was very impressive second half, Weston has been in good form, Worrall and Timlin both deserve to start.

We won't get anywhere with Payne behind a lone striker for me. He did well but the team looked unbalanced. 4-4-2 would be best, hopefully with Timlin in for Leonard.

Just because players had a poor game doesnt mean they are out of their depth.

Wordsworth has been in this division for years and not even played in League Two.

My money is on Timlin, Deegan and Atkinson starting. Phil doesn't like losing two in a row so I expect a very defensive line-up for Donny looking for a point..

Bentley
White Bolger Barrett Coker
Leonard Timlin
Worrall Wordsworth Weston
Piggott

Smith Prosser payne Hurst Atkinson Mooney Bridge

1-1, 400 from blues

Bentley
White, Bolger, Barrett, Coker
Hurst, Wordsworth, Timlin, Worrall
Payne
Hunt

Hi Rovers fan in Peace.

On Wednesday Rovers will play 4-5-1, Williams up front by himself but backed up on the wings by Coppinger and Forrester. Worked on Thursday against Leeds, expect the same come Wednesday. I hope Southend have a great season, and get quickly over early season gremlins.

I reckon Bentley will be gone by next game. West Ham look likely to sign Rob Green especially after their keeper got sent off today and QPR will go for Bentley to replace him as their new 1st team keeper so reckon Ted Smith will be starting.Im going for:T. SmithCokerBarrettBolgerWhiteWorrellWordsworthTimlinLeonardPiggottHunt

Hi Rovers fan in Peace.

On Wednesday Rovers will play 4-5-1, Williams up front by himself but backed up on the wings by Coppinger and Forrester. Worked on Thursday against Leeds, expect the same come Wednesday. I hope Southend have a great season, and get quickly over early season gremlins.

Thanks for the good wishes Les. As you have seen we are in a bit of melt down situation at the moment, probably because we didn't play badly against Brighton. I'm guessing that we will be smack bang back up to speed on Wednesday and ready to give you a good game. A bit like the Army, we don't like to have two disasters in one week.

Behave. If anyone was out of their depth today it was Leonard.

I agree with DWB, thought Wordsworth was a huge disappointment today. So much for Agent Clohessy last season, think the Ewes might have employed their own agent. :sad:

Thanks for the good wishes Les. As you have seen we are in a bit of melt down situation at the moment, probably because we didn't play badly against Brighton. I'm guessing that we will be smack bang back up to speed on Wednesday and ready to give you a good game. A bit like the Army, we don't like to have two disasters in one week.

The Army dont have disasters, they have challenging situations :winking:

think its pretty plain to see we dont have a goalscoring striker as yet,so one goal is the most we can expect per game ,which means PB needs to have a rock solid defence if we are too get at least a point.Last time we played Doncaster i think the score was 5-1 to them lol
:nope:

Back