• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Doncaster Rovers vs Southend United 28th January 2020 7:45pm

What's your starting 11 for Tuesday and what do you think the result will be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Blimey, slim pickings. Difficult one to call. I’m going for the following:

Oxley
Elvis—-White—-Milligan—-Taylor—-Macca
Demi—-Hutch—-Mantom
Kelman—-Goodship

Oxley
Demi—-Hutch—-Mantom
Kelman—-Goodship

They are actually a Reggae Band from Southend ( I know my trendy bands you see :Whistling:) but I get your point. Baring in mind there are about 7 in the band maybe use them as subs?

Last edited:
They are actually a Reggae Band from Southend, but I get your point. Baring in mind there are about 7 in the band maybe use them as subs?
Sign them up. We can have a whip round for their boots.

Can't see anything but a loss with the departures (surely Kiernan is unlikely to feature if he's off, same with Humphrys), leaving us really light defensively if Dieng is still not fit.

Oxley
Demetriou, White, Milligan, Bwomono
Hutchinson, Barrett, Mantom, McLaughlin
Goodship, Kelman

Can't see anything but a loss with the departures (surely Kiernan is unlikely to feature if he's off, same with Humphrys), leaving us really light defensively if Dieng is still not fit.

Oxley
Goodship, Kelman

Elvin really really can’t play LB which other than Humphreys might mean a bit like the Morecambe and Wise sketch all the right players but not necessarily in the right places :-)

Elvin really really can’t play LB which other than Humphreys might mean a bit like the Morecambe and Wise sketch all the right players but not necessarily in the right places :-)

Well, Demi then, I just think we need to be a flat back 4.

Well, Demi then, I just think we need to be a flat back 4.
I agree with that , the issue is Hutchinson in front of him, macca is going to offer a lot more protection.

We desperately need to get the first goal and/or not concede first half.
I think predicting a score for this game is going to be very tough

Players where possible in their natural positions so Elvis right, Demi left and Milligan CB where he's comfortable playing. We are very lightweight up top so a solid back 4 for me. I'd move Macca into a more central role and let Sam Barratt work the flank. We really badly do need reinforcements. At least 4 of these should be starting on the bench.

Oxley
Elvis-Milligan-White-Demi
Hutchinson-Mantom-McLaughlin-Barratt
Kelman-Goodship

Oxley
Demi—-Hutch—-Mantom
Kelman—-Goodship

Slim Pickings?..............this Slim Pickings??? He's 103 now, so not too old for us. A bigger problem may be that he died in 1983 but I'm sure that, given the situation we're in, we can get around it.
Slim.jpg

I’m really struggling to pick a side now; I’m really not sure what to think. I’m still going for 4-4-2 as the players understand it and their roles - especially important when they are in their less favoured or experienced roles. Also we need to offer an attacking threat or we will get mashed.

Oxley
Bwomono Demitriou Milligan White
McLaughlin Mantom Hutchinson Barratt
Kelman Goodship

Tickets sales for us now must be up to 150, I’m one of them and looking forward to this game, and the side we put out, I wonder what the bench will look like.

Players where possible in their natural positions so Elvis right, Demi left and Milligan CB where he's comfortable playing. We are very lightweight up top so a solid back 4 for me. I'd move Macca into a more central role and let Sam Barratt work the flank. We really badly do need reinforcements. At least 4 of these should be starting on the bench.

Oxley
Elvis-Milligan-White-Demi
Hutchinson-Mantom-McLaughlin-Barratt
Kelman-Goodship

Macca is better defensively of the three wider men, I think, so Mantom and Macca work more defensively and Barratt and Hutch more forward.

Will Tim Dieng be fit?
How odd that I write that when 4 months ago I thought never to see him playing for us again!

Players names for the team sheet to start are;
Ox, Elvis, JW, Demi, Macca, Kelman, Mantom & every other fan's whipping boy Milligan.

So 4 starting places and a formation to select based on who is available.

If Humphrys wants a move to Doncaster I’d play him and tell him to sell himself to them (unless the deal is announced tomorrow)

Is Coppinger still playing this season? He would be the only 39 year old I wouldn't want to play against us. He always slices us to pieces with his passing, and tricky runs.

As it's only 45 mins away for me I'll be going along, I've got a feeling we'll get a win out of this. I wouldn't be so certain on Hump leaving this window, with Hopper gone he could be set to lead the line for us so he'll cost whoever wants him a decent sum of money

i think we will just have enough to share the points on our recent form.. time for others to step up and i think they will.. goodship will grab the goals... tight but im all for 2-2 draw...

Oxley
Goodship, Kelman

He has been asked to play on Tuesday before he goes.......So he has now refused to train....Professional to the end

Last edited:
Back