• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Doncaster Rovers vs Southend United

Their main striker was suspended and their other striker had been sold to Huddersfield the week before, the top scorer after that has 5 goals for them. We battled hard but that wasn't Charlton at their best.
Maybe, but neither were they poor. It's sometimes very easy to turn what was a good performance on Saturday into a average one just because we got spanked tonight.

That was the worst I’ve seen from Southend this season.

The whole episode was non sensical.

Klass hasn’t pulled up any trees for the 23s all season and hasn’t started a first team game since October. That’s just so random to throw him in tonight in a role that :-

a) isn’t really what he’s equipped to do - he has 1 goal all season for 23s as opposed to Hutchinson’s 17 from exactly that position...
b) meant our best attacking player (Cox) had to move out to the left

He rests Kightly after a good performance centrally Saturday but then uses him early on as a sub out wide ?‍♂️ I know he struggles but he only played 70 mins Saturday!!!!

Macca simply contributes nothing. Literally nothing but stays on the whole game where we are simply dire in an attacking sense.

Finally at 3-0 down he has Kelman Hutchinson and Wabo all of whom would benefit massively from even 15 mins first team football under no pressure and al of whom have a history and reputation for scoring goals and he opts to use none of them and only makes two subs!!!!!

Harry Lennon simply can’t be fit as why take him if when you’re CB gets injured you bring on Turner ahead of him? Worse still once it was 3-0 with one sub left and not using your three attacking youngsters why not give him 15 mins to ease him back in?

I despair tonight. Worst £10 I’ve ever spent.

Powell has lost the plot.

Because he is an ex player he seems immune to some from criticism.

Powell is one of my all time favourite players, but is not a good manager. No shame in it. But he will end up taking us down at this rate.

Powell has lost the plot.

Because he is an ex player he seems immune to some from criticism.

Powell is one of my all time favourite players, but is not a good manager. No shame in it. But he will end up taking us down at this rate.
I think we lose on Saturday and Powell is in big trouble

Well here is my summary...

Kightly should have started based on his performance on Saturday
Klass should not have been pulled off. I think he was no worse than Manton or Dieng.
Apart from the opening 10-15. mins Macca was invisible
The choice of passes that Cox chose tonight was awful.
Kelman should have replaced him. He was at fault for the second goal.
I felt really sorry for Humphreys the service that he got was just like the hoof ball that Robinson and Cox was getting earlier in the season. His talent is obviously when he has it at at his feet.
Elvis and Hart got slaughtered by Wilks and anyone else out wide.

To conclude.. 20 minutes of pleasure but 70 minutes of pain

There were periods when we played some really good football and were better than them. It must have hurt when they scored from their first attack. Wilkes coming down the left was a right handful an switched wings to later cause more havoc. Marquis didnt seem to have to move much to create big space and cop an easy header, nobody on him tight as usual, Do we have any brains at the back?
Again not a bad spell from us but no midfield where sides just run through us centrally and seem to have oodles of space . No real fight after going two down.
Doncaster did a fantastic job in the summer transfer window with FIVE EXCELLENT LOANEES, Kane and Wilkes were class. Our Klass is very poor, limited mobility even slower than Dieng. Not sure why he is in their at this level or when it is bleed.n obvious we dont give a go to Wabo, Hutchinson or Kelman,

The biggest disappointments for me along with the score was the space we were giving their players inside our penalty area. Not being able to mark one of the top 3 strikers in the division. McLaughlin again having a shocker, and Cox likewise as he couldn't find a Southend player with simple passes until we were 3-0 down.

Sounds like bishop had another good game but was at fault for there 2nd goal getting beaten at the near post like that, defending didn’t look great at times and we were lucky to only let in three goals.

That’s harsh on the second goal! It clearly goes through Sam Hart’s legs from close range giving Bichop no chance to move his feet at all.

That’s harsh on the second goal! It clearly goes through Sam Hart’s legs from close range giving Bichop no chance to move his feet at all.
I’d be well gutted to let in a goal from that angle, I think you can tell the look on his face at the time the goal went in, no keeper likes getting beat at the near post, I no I never used to and I always felt at fault getting beat in them sort of situations.

I’d be well gutted to let in a goal from that angle, I think you can tell the look on his face at the time the goal went in, no keeper likes getting beat at the near post, I no I never used to and I always felt at fault getting beat in them sort of situations.
I can see both sides of it, yes he probably shouldn't have been beaten there, but it was hit from about 10 yards, and Hart was right in his line of sight, he had no chance to adjust, he had to hope it hit something and stayed out.

Back