• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Doncaster Rovers vs Southend United

Kightly scores but flagged for offside... if anyone cares?

Judging by how poor charlton were when I saw them against posh the other week, I think a lot had been made of getting a draw against them. Its not like we won or played them off the park.
I was there and we competed and deserved the point. Charlton weren't poor, we just battled harder.

Hav'nt honestly thought of us struggling to stay up this season up to now.
But if we lose to Pompey on Saturday, ( considering our home record is rubbish ), then I will begin to worry.

That was the worst I’ve seen from Southend this season.

The whole episode was non sensical.

Klass hasn’t pulled up any trees for the 23s all season and hasn’t started a first team game since October. That’s just so random to throw him in tonight in a role that :-

a) isn’t really what he’s equipped to do - he has 1 goal all season for 23s as opposed to Hutchinson’s 17 from exactly that position...
b) meant our best attacking player (Cox) had to move out to the left

He rests Kightly after a good performance centrally Saturday but then uses him early on as a sub out wide ?‍♂️ I know he struggles but he only played 70 mins Saturday!!!!

Macca simply contributes nothing. Literally nothing but stays on the whole game where we are simply dire in an attacking sense.

Finally at 3-0 down he has Kelman Hutchinson and Wabo all of whom would benefit massively from even 15 mins first team football under no pressure and al of whom have a history and reputation for scoring goals and he opts to use none of them and only makes two subs!!!!!

Harry Lennon simply can’t be fit as why take him if when you’re CB gets injured you bring on Turner ahead of him? Worse still once it was 3-0 with one sub left and not using your three attacking youngsters why not give him 15 mins to ease him back in?

I despair tonight. Worst £10 I’ve ever spent.

I was there and we competed and deserved the point. Charlton weren't poor, we just battled harder.
Their main striker was suspended and their other striker had been sold to Huddersfield the week before, the top scorer after that has 5 goals for them. We battled hard but that wasn't Charlton at their best.

The failure to play Hutchinson, Kelman or Wabo as a sub in this match when we are 3-0 down is inexplicable to me.

Back