• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Doncaster Rovers vs Southend Utd

What's your starting 11 for Tuesday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Doncaster's old ground Belle Vue used to be famous for having the biggest pitch in the league if I recall correctly 120 yards by 80 yards at one time.

Games there were always eventful a 2-0 win in 1971-72 Garner and Best -when the Echo had the headline "brilliant blues hit back at all those moaners " - times never change. A 3-0 win in December 1976 Goodwin, Polycarpou and Laverick and in late September 1977 a 2-0 defeat when Alan Foggan hit the woodwork four times i think - our first defeat of the season- I think Billy Bremner may have been their player manager. ( Actually he wasn’t he went there in 1978)

I'm feeling hopeful tomorrow as we're undefeated on my Moroccan holidays!

Last edited:
Doncaster's old ground Belle Vue used to be famous for having the biggest pitch in the league if I recall correctly 120 yards by 80 yards at one time.

Games there were always eventful a 2-0 win in 1971-72 Garner and Best -when the Echo had the headline "brilliant blues hit back at all those moaners " - times never change. A 3-0 win in December 1976 Goodwin, Polycarpou and Laverick and in late September 1977 a 2-0 defeat when Alan Foggan hit the woodwork four times i think - our first defeat of the season- I think Billy Bremner may have been their player manager.

I'm feeling hopeful tomorrow as we're undefeated on my Moroccan holidays!

Was it a short weekend break then?:Winking:

Was it a short weekend break then?:Winking:

Nope 4 games so far - 1 game 2 years ago, 2 last year and 1 so far this year. I might not want to come home - my attendance at games this year invariably means defeat. I’ve seen all 10 Saturday home defeats and just 2 wins ( missed Accrington).

Donny are a horrible bogey team. Beat us in the first game of the season, smashed us 4-1 last season and, of course, 5-1 in the play-offs. Also did the double over us in our League 1 title winning season and beat us 3-0 in the latter stages of our first season back in League 1.

I actually had to look it up and the last time we beat them was in 2007 eight meetings ago and the time before that was in 1990! In short, we've only beat them twice in our last 15 meetings.

Can you tell I'm not very confident about tomorrow?:Facepalm:

Thanks for reminding us of those statistics!.
To be honest, I think getting a result there tomorrow with 11 players, will be harder than at Charlton with 10.

Yeah but more will be watching them sunday and their players won't want to get injured tomorrow so to miss playing against a premier league team.?
They might also want to put in a good performance to keep their place in the team for premier league Palace also.

If I got an I follow pass on my smartphone, would I somehow be able to get it to play on my tv? :Think::Unsure:

If you have a computer then buy the pass from the official site on that. You can then login to iFollow just before ko and connect your laptop to the TV via an HDMI cable.

No unfortunately my phone is my computer? just thought I might be able to connect from that
I haven't a clue how to do it, but my more intelligent than me offspring reckon I should be able to cast iFollow stuff from a smartphone to a smart TV. Don't know if that helps.

SOUTHEND United manager Chris Powell feels the Shrimpers are ‘far stronger’ for having the fit-again Harry Lennon back in the squad.

More...

Deserves his chance also, has played a lot better than a lot of us thought he would and adds good competition for all three keepers:Clap:

Donny are a horrible bogey team. Beat us in the first game of the season, smashed us 4-1 last season and, of course, 5-1 in the play-offs. Also did the double over us in our League 1 title winning season and beat us 3-0 in the latter stages of our first season back in League 1.

I actually had to look it up and the last time we beat them was in 2007 eight meetings ago and the time before that was in 1990! In short, we've only beat them twice in our last 15 meetings.

Can you tell I'm not very confident about tomorrow?:Facepalm:

Surely the only good thing about a trip to Doncaster (on a Tuesday evening, to boot!), is that it's not as far as Carlisle!

SOUTHEND United manager Chris Powell has challenged Michael Klass to build on his lively cameo against Charlton Athletic.

More...

Back