• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Doncaster Rovers vs Southend Utd

What's your starting 11 for Tuesday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RHB

I'm a Mod too⭐⭐
Staff member
What next for our weary warriors? Doncaster Rovers, thats what, this Tuesday 19:45 ko.

For those thinking of making the trip there are still seats available on Travel Zone here. Normal pre match stuff here including startling 11. For obvious reasons Dru does not appear in the squad, but Harry Lennon does. In the absence of any further injury news everyone else in in.

For those of you that are interested, the game is available on iFollow, £10 for a match pass.

Large

Is Dru's Red worth an appeal - seems to clearly slip!
This is what Chris Powell says in his after match interview:

'On Yearwood’s sending off…

He does slip, but it looks bad. I’ve seen it again – I’m not going to stand here saying I haven’t seen it because every manager sees it, don’t worry about that – but it looks bad.'

Based on that I doubt the club will appeal.

Maybe the ref card and 3 match suspension will give Dry a much needed rest. Maybe its time to get Kightly and Macca back in the team, and start utilising their strengths. Could do worse...

Maybe the ref card and 3 match suspension will give Dry a much needed rest. Maybe its time to get Kightly and Macca back in the team, and start utilising their strengths. Could do worse...

I kept a close eye on Kightly yesterday and his contribution to the team was pretty impressive. Accepting the fact that he is no longer going to win awards for being quick, his positional sense and experience is worth another run out against Donny.

Bishop
Elvis White Moore Hart( hopefully fit)
Bunn Mantom Dieng Kightly
Cox Humprys

Not sure on the injury status of certain players. But heard Bunn was on the pitch before match so would put him in. If not then put McLaughlin in. Not heard much regarding Hyam and Hendrie but might recall both if fit

Wouldn't be surprised to see either Lennon or Bunn coming in.Thought playing Kightly behind front two was working well until the sending off.Depending upon injuries same team bar Dru.Some players looked cream cracked after putting in a shift

I kept a close eye on Kightly yesterday and his contribution to the team was pretty impressive. Accepting the fact that he is no longer going to win awards for being quick, his positional sense and experience is worth another run out against Donny.

Think it's unlikely Kightly will start twice in a week and he'll be aching after Cullen went through the back of his ankle with his studs.

Dieng was hobbling as well after Bielik caught him late and high, plus Hart was also injured by another dodgy Charlton challenge so both likely to be doubts for Tuesday.

Do we know how bad Sam Hart's injury was on Saturday ?
Chris Powell said on Saturday that he was mainly taken off because if we didn't sub him then we would have to defend the pending Charlton corner with 9 men as Hart would have to leave the pitch. So his injury wasn't as bad as it appeared hopefully.

Don’t know why there is a clamour for Bunn, has looked decidingly average every time I have seen him play.

Would think about giving Klass a start for this one

an XI of Doncaster/Southend Players

Neville Southall
Ray Ternant
Steve Yates
Dave Morley
Dave Cusack
Franck Moussa
Michael Timlin
Alan Little
Andy Turner
Theo Robinson
Derrick Parker

subs
Billy Paynter
Gary Jones
Johnson Clarke-Harris
John Spicer
Peter Gilbert
Mark Prudhoe

Donny are a horrible bogey team. Beat us in the first game of the season, smashed us 4-1 last season and, of course, 5-1 in the play-offs. Also did the double over us in our League 1 title winning season and beat us 3-0 in the latter stages of our first season back in League 1.

I actually had to look it up and the last time we beat them was in 2007 eight meetings ago and the time before that was in 1990! In short, we've only beat them twice in our last 15 meetings.

Can you tell I'm not very confident about tomorrow?:Facepalm:

an XI of Doncaster/Southend Players

Neville Southall
Ray Ternant
Steve Yates
Dave Morley
Dave Cusack
Franck Moussa
Michael Timlin
Alan Little
Andy Turner
Theo Robinson
Derrick Parker

subs
Billy Paynter
Gary Jones
Johnson Clarke-Harris
John Spicer
Peter Gilbert
Mark Prudhoe

What a mix of players - some really good ones in there and some not so .......

Back