• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Donny in Basildon

weststander

Manager
I have it on good authority that Doncaster Rovers Fc checked into the Holiday Inn in Basildon this afternoon.

Do we know if the Holiday Inn has practised its 2am, 3am and 4am fire drills recently ????

Anyone got any contacts, or know any nutters that fancy doing it. I'm sure theres a few on this site that qualify.

I have it on good authority that Doncaster Rovers Fc checked into the Holiday Inn in Basildon this afternoon.

Do we know if the Holiday Inn has practised its 2am, 3am and 4am fire drills recently ????

DO IT, DO IT, DO IT... :zzzzz: then :p

I'm sure they will have a lovely relaxed night in Bas Vegas!!

Damm when I read the title thread Donny in Basildon I thought you meant the love of my life Donny Osmond:'(

Hang on a moment ... don't forget our boys have to stay oop north next week !!!! mind you .. if their fans pull a stunt like that next week and we have done nowt this week then we will have missed a trick ..... only one thing for it ......

Damm when I read the title thread Donny in Basildon I thought you meant the love of my life Donny Osmond:'(

You and me both - thought he'd been doing a book signing or something!

Oh and if the hotel concerned is the one I think, it used to be called the Crest.

You and me both - thought he'd been doing a book signing or something!

Oh and if the hotel concerned is the one I think, it used to be called the Crest.

I think that the hotel was the Posthouse Forte. Incidentally talking of Fire Drills at that hotel my daughter's wedding reception was there. When we arrived at the hotel from the ceremony we found that the hotel had been evacuated because a fire alarm had gone off. All the staff and the chefs preparing the meal were out in the car park with the firemen. We have a great picture of my daughter in her wedding dress with a fireman's helmet !!

Apparantly one of our guests who had been staying at the hotel had smoked in a non smoking room setting off the alarms. His girlfriend was in the bath and when the alarm went off had to make a quick exit wrapped in a towel.

The incident made the Echo

I have just got back from Bas Vagas.... Shame i never knew earlier... lol

I think that the hotel was the Posthouse Forte.

I think it's been both actually but can't remember which way round it was. They've held a lot of Lions' Club functions there over the years which we used to go to sometimes.

Back