• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ricey

I’m a Mod, that’s unpossible⭐⭐
Staff member
Sorry if this has been mentioned in another thread but why do the Wimbeldon fans hate Ryan Hall?

Were they the team Bromley beat after play was stopped for an injury, and instead of kicking the ball back to the keeper, Ryan Hall kicked into the top corner of the goal? (don't think it was intentional but he still celebrated and it turned out to be the difference between the teams.)

The whole 'fair play' rule on putting the ball out is ridiculous anyway, and so open to abuse. In my opinion if a player on a winning side goes down 'injured' and one of his team-mates puts the ball out in say the last 5 minutes of a game, there should be no obligation on the opposition to give the ball back. It's different if an opposing player puts the ball out, as that is obviously genuine.

Its another example of where football should follow Rugby's rule. Let the trainer come on and treat the plater while the game carries on, thet way they'll soon get up if its not a genuine injury! If the injury is genuine and serious, giving away a throw-in to the opposition should be the least of the players worries if they are so concerned for their team mate!

The whole 'fair play' rule on putting the ball out is ridiculous anyway, and so open to abuse. In my opinion if a player on a winning side goes down 'injured' and one of his team-mates puts the ball out in say the last 5 minutes of a game, there should be no obligation on the opposition to give the ball back. It's different if an opposing player puts the ball out, as that is obviously genuine.

Its another example of where football should follow Rugby's rule. Let the trainer come on and treat the plater while the game carries on, thet way they'll soon get up if its not a genuine injury! If the injury is genuine and serious, giving away a throw-in to the opposition should be the least of the players worries if they are so concerned for their team mate!

Completely agree. Teams should play until the ref has blown the whistle. Half the time I don't believe the player is actually injured and has just gone down to win a free kick and then try to break up the play, which surely is more 'unfair' than not kicking the ball out.

Man behind me in south upper said Bromley were originally not going to defend from the restart to allow Wimbledon to get goal back but bottle aimed at their bench changed their minds. May have have been Dons player that threw bottle but not sure. Still if man behind me said it, it must be true.

Man behind me in south upper said Bromley were originally not going to defend from the restart to allow Wimbledon to get goal back but bottle aimed at their bench changed their minds. May have have been Dons player that threw bottle but not sure. Still if man behind me said it, it must be true.

Yeah I think that's along the lines of what happened. Bromley were rather upset at the reaction from the Wimbledon bench and team so decided to not allow AFC to score back.

I quite like the fact that the Wimbledon fans haven't forgiven Hall for something that happened a couple of years and divisions below. That's proper support from proper fans.

It's why I always cheer every Birmingham City defeat no matter who they are playing, for example.

Did anyone notice Ryan trying to wind them up by putting a ball past the south stand goal when giving the ball back?

have to admit hate all this gay crap of giving the ball back after player injured. Much rather see teams keep on the ball on the pitch so he cant get treatment in the 1st place. Football has become all too nice for my liking. Also want more pitch invasions and 22 man brawls if poss

Thanks for answering my question. Blimey they are bitter about it.

have to admit hate all this gay crap of giving the ball back after player injured. Much rather see teams keep on the ball on the pitch so he cant get treatment in the 1st place. Football has become all too nice for my liking. Also want more pitch invasions and 22 man brawls if poss

Remember a mass brawl about 5+ years ago at Roots Hall, remember Leon Cort running nearly the whole length of the pitch just to get involved.

Back