• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Dons warned off

HUTTON

Southend United have warned Milton Keynes Dons not to try making an approach for manager Steve Tilson.

The Dons need to replace Paul Ince, who has joined Blackburn, and Tilson has been linked with the vacancy.

Tilson, Shrimpers boss since 2003, had been linked with previous managerial vacancies at Ipswich and Millwall.

Chairman Ron Martin told the club website: "I'm not sure if the rumours are true but any approach would be turned down."

From bbc page

Makes you think how long Tilson will put up with being refused by RM to speak to other clubs?

And what if a CCC or Prem club came in for him? Would RM still refuse him a chance of trying to progress in his career?

may be there is something writen into his extrended contract that he signed
last year along with brush arnt they tied to the club for another 4 years

Makes you think how long Tilson will put up with being refused by RM to speak to other clubs?

And what if a CCC or Prem club came in for him? Would RM still refuse him a chance of trying to progress in his career?

And if RM told Franchise Scum FC they were free to speak to him, you'd accuse RM of lacking ambition....

Highly unlikely.

I honestly cant see Tilly wanting to go anywhere else.

surprised - what was you expecting the headline to be ?

"Ron drives Tilly to Winkleman's House for Talks "

Of course he will block a move by MK Dons, like MK Dons blocked Leicester and not Blackburn. If Tilly got approached by a larger club, I believe that RM would let him talk (norwich a few seasons ago was correct, as Tilly made no fuss, so it was obvious he was content), eg Leeds (because he is a fan). However, whilst good for us, Tilly is not deemed as a "fashionable" manager , and whilst that stays the same, the better for us.

Tilly would only get a Prem offer, if he took us into the top half of the Championship and kept us there for a few seasons .

He is here to stay for at least the duration of his 4 year contract.

UTB' s !!

Chairman Ron Martin told the club website: "I'm not sure if the rumours are true but any approach would be turned down."

That's not warning someone off.

Where is the implied threat of violence?

If you are reading this Ron PM me and I'll pick up the phone and have a word with them.

Im sure if a bigger club come in for Tilly, Ron wouldnt stand in his way of furthering his career. MK Dons are in the same division and have the same chance of promotion as we do, so why would you let your manager talk to a club who will be fighting for one of the positions you want next season. I know i wouldnt

Not at all, i'd see it as a good move.

A fresh change imho is what's needed.

*bangs head quietly on desk*

And, Tony, that brings us to the question we always ask you - and which you often reply with "Martin Allen" (a man who has won precisely f*** all as a manager) - with whom do we replace Tilson? Show me an available manager out there who, in the last 5 seasons, has

* won a League Championship
* won back-to-back promotions
* got to the play-offs twice
* got to a cup final twice
* knocked Manchester United out of the League Cup
* got to the quarter-finals of the League Cup

Yep, what has that Tilson bloke ever done for us, eh?

:thump:

Tony, you are one weird geezer...

Matt

In all honesty , if we did lose ST - and lets face it there must be at least a possibility that he will go - then we may not need to look too far for his replacement .

I understand that Ricky Duncan prefers working with the yoooots but with more and more of his proteges progressing towards the first team he could be tempted .

A few wise (?) and old heads in Macca , Barrett and now Furlong and a bunch of enthusiastic young stars in the making could make an interesting combination , without breaking the bank .

Back