• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Dont be so gloomy peeps

leeblue

Members⭐
A defeat at millwall was indeed poop, but we are only four, yes four points off the play offs, I have been amused by some comments stating that we cant reach the play offs and our season is over etc etc, one look at the league table suggests otherwise, yes our performances have certainly been up and down this season but there is still a lot of points to play for and given our ability to win games in this league a play off spot is very possible. Some form would be nice but just hang on and enjoy the rollercoaster that is and always has been Southend united.

Well said, and please read the above Wiggy.

Of course we could go back to the late 1990s when 15th in League 2 was acceptable.

just for the record I not 'rose tinted' I can see the defence needs something doing and millwall was a krap display- along with a few others this season but it is still very much game on- fact

4 points behind playoff but played a game less than Tranmere so we could still make the playoffsa

Well said, and please read the above Wiggy.

Of course we could go back to the late 1990s when 15th in League 2 was acceptable.
Ah, halcyon days indeed. You could get served in the Spread & Far Post immediately whatever time it was and everyone got 3 seats to themselves in the ground. There was also such an underwhelming lack of expectation that you never walked away disappointed :)

I think if we dont get three points tommorow then we have a little more room to be gloomy as we need to be taking maximum points at home. However lets wait and see.

UTB

I'm not here to be gloom and doom, but realistic.

We're 4 points off the playoffs, so clearly it's technically a real possibility that we could end up in that lottery. However, with flavs between the sticks (I love the guy and he's been fantastic for us, both as a servant and as a quality player) but I can't see a reason why Collis was dropped; and can see many reasons why Flavs should be, plus having 2 very good defenders for this league that can't pull it off together in a partnership, I'd be extremely surprised if we made the playoffs.

However, I'm not saying that we should sack Tilson as he hasn't done X, Y & Z. Finishing mid-table is fine by me, even if I do feel frustrated as every fan does when we lose 2-1 away to a bottom 4 team with 2 sloppy goals.

Theres too much focus on the promised land of promotion, we should almost accept that we're not going up (almost being the key word), and therefore be hoping that we can push for playoffs but not be basing our whole world around it, and therefore getting ultradepressed when we let points slip.

I apologise for ruining your optimism thread, I promise I'll try and stop myself next time.

Realism is perfectly acceptable, flavs does not seem quite the same and remember when we won this division just how good AB was, at the Mo sir Barrett does not look as good as peter clarke which is a worry as I think peter clarke is not very good, but they have shown that they can do well(on their day) we have the nucleus of a decent side and a bit more building is required no doubt

Realism is perfectly acceptable, flavs does not seem quite the same and remember when we won this division just how good AB was, at the Mo sir Barrett does not look as good as peter clarke which is a worry as I think peter clarke is not very good, but they have shown that they can do well(on their day) we have the nucleus of a decent side and a bit more building is required no doubt
Indeed. Its frustrating to see the players we have, McCormack, Bailey, Clarke, Barrett, Barnard, Maher etcetera whom I feel could do a very good job in the championship (with the exception of Barrett, who could do a job in the championship but is rather a very good league one player, normally) and yet we can't gel as a team or get in a few more quality players to take us to the next level.

I suppose thats the story of most teams, having a few talented players who are above average for the squad, and not being able to bring in a few more to take them to the next step.

Back