• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimp and two veg

Youth Team
Well, what a shame it all panned out as it did. Fair play to Sturrock, he and the lads gave it a right go this season and very nearly got it right. What really hurt us i guess is that really bad run of games where we fell off top spot and kept falling. The Moshni debacle with him being out for a few games, could that have been handled better? We certainly needed him playing every game, but he didn't. An absolute match winner that lad. Around the same time, our other true match-winner, Ryan Hall, had a bad run of form and was even dropped to the bench. That hurt the team, he makes things happen.
I know it's difficult to be firing on all cylinders all season and i think injuries got the better of us in the end. Eastwood carrying knocks as was Neil Harris. Just a couple of lads there that make a difference. Not forgetting Liam Dickinson taking a bow for the rest of the season with his serious injury. We seemed to be at our best when we played with two decent wingers and Moshni upfront, but this was so rare. I thought Leonard made a difference when he came on up at Crewe, but then Sturrock puts him back on the bench for the home tie? Why? Would've liked to see Moshni start up top at home with Freddy and Leonard + Hall providing the width. Once again, what's the point of Harris upfront on his own in the first leg, the ball just came back to us? Also, we lost the fantastic Phillips from defence to an injury for the playoffs, he didn't last long up at Crewe.

Timlin hasn't impressed enough for me, i'd let him go if he's out of contract and replace him with a big, burly ball winner to take the heat off Grant. When we play away, perhaps play Mosni on his own upfront instead. But we need pace out wide for our system to work, home and away. That is the key if we want to keep launching it and unsettling defences, we need the ball coming from angles to make it unsettling for defenders who otherwise meet the ball head-on. Can we do it, yes definetly, with quality such as Barry Corr off the injury list, we have a very good team. Also, when Liam is back, perhaps Moshni could return to defence in place of the ageing Barker to partner Phillips.

Seriously, we are not far off a very good tough team who concedes few and scores a load, home and away. Couple of tweaks here and there and a fit Freddy for the start of the season? Yes please! Good things come to those who wait eh.

The amount of big games we have lost this season tells me we arent ready to go up. League 1 is more of a footballing division and we would be found out big time. I think we will benefit from another season in league 2 where next year apart from maybe Bristol Rovers and Fleetwood I think 83 would points get us up.

Depends of course on what personnel we are able to keep. I do think Luggy needs a plan B as well. No point having Eastwood on big wages if you bypass him ....

The amount of big games we have lost this season tells me we arent ready to go up. League 1 is more of a footballing division and we would be found out big time. I think we will benefit from another season in league 2 where next year apart from maybe Bristol Rovers and Fleetwood I think 83 would points get us up.

Depends of course on what personnel we are able to keep. I do think Luggy needs a plan B as well. No point having Eastwood on big wages if you bypass him ....

And Rotherham.....

Back