• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Don't give up hope yet

CC51DAS

President
Now I know you are all going to think I am mad , but we can still get out of this .

Clutching at straws I grant you but we were hopeless against Col Ewe and then came out fighting at Preston .Expect more of the same next week.

IF we can beat Plymouth , Leeds and Hull both have tough games . We need Palace to do us a favour at Barnsley granted but Leicester have two tough ones coming up and are dire right now.

The following week - when we play Luton , Barnsley are at home to Leicester so one of them has to drop points . So its possible we could find ourselves level on 48 points in two weeks time .

Finally Southampton need to pick up quickly if they are to make the play-offs (maybe a draw with Leeds next week ?), but if they don't they could have missed out by the time we get there.

I don't think we have won 3 in a row this season , so now's a good time to start ! Stranger things have happened and we know that Southend don't like to do things the easy way .

Its not over yet

I think it owuld be great and feel so good to stay up against Southampton, and you no what.... i think we ar going to do it :)

COME ON YOU BLUES !!!!!!!!!!!

Definitely clutching at straws now, we're as good as down.
Still, gonna make the most of the last two away games in this league for a while.

Only for a season.... we just need a break from this league...bounce back ability and all that :)

I hope you're right jcrcr. IF we can hang on to the majority of the squad and get a decent replacement for Freddy we might stand a slim chance of promotion.
However, considering the strikers we bought in this year I hold no hope for even a half decent replacement.

I hope you're right jcrcr. IF we can hang on to the majority of the squad and get a decent replacement for Freddy we might stand a slim chance of promotion.
However, considering the strikers we bought in this year I hold no hope for even a half decent replacement.

But the Strikers we brought this year are GOOD league 1 players... we know this from the form Hooper ( pre Broken ankle ) and Paynter ave been showing for there loan teams....so i think we have plenty enough quality to go back up straight away....

BUT WE ARE NOT EVEN DOWN YET !!!

Come on..... believe everyone !!!

We might beat Plymuff, they've got nothing to play for. We might get a point at Southampton or even all 3.

But we'll lose v Luton....I'd put money of it. Our home form of late is rank.

Yeh the strikers we have are league 1 ability, but one of them will really have to step up a gear or get some confidence and start scoring.

Yeh the strikers we have are league 1 ability, but one of them will really have to step up a gear or get some confidence and start scoring.

I think Foran will score goals in League one..... looks like he has enough quality about him..... Hooper and Paynter are already scoring in league one....Lawson has scored last season............I think we need to build a Partnership.... rather then have one very good forward and a bunch of adverage.... as it doesn't work..... ALA this season.

WE ARE STAYING UP !!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Yeh the strikers we have are league 1 ability

I don't think they're even that. Foran and Harrold today were just totally insipid. Foran doesn't even put in the effort we were led to believe he would.

If the management had some balls they'd call Paynter back on Monday. We cannot go into games needing victories with Foran and Harrold up front and a bench full of defensive options.

Well , I can't say I blame anyone for feeling down right now , but I guarantee that by Friday evening when everyone's had a good look at the remaining fixtures in this topsy turvy league , that there will be a fair number of intrepid individuals setting their alarm clocks having convinced themselves that we can still stay up .

And those supporters will make a difference - not the ones who post all the negative crap about individuals on here.

OK . One more point . With the notable exception of Cardiff and Birmingham , we seem to have suffered a hangover or inferiority complex against teams who have already beaten us earlier in the season .

Worth pointing out therefore that we have not lost to any of the three teams who stand between us and survival .

Back