• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Don't look back...

Pubey

especially with All Tomorrows Parties doing their "Don't look back" series, it seems that the hip thing to do if you're a band is to play your key album in it's entirity and in order. Recent bands to do this are Sonic Youth - Daydream Nation, Public Enemy - It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back, Slint - Spiderland and Mogwai - Mogwai Young Team

So the question is, which band would you most like to see playing a gig solely of one of their albums

I'll start with the obvious

Radiohead - OK Computer

David Bowie & The Spiders From Mars - The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust.

The Smiths - "The Queen Is Dead". Unlikely, I admit.

When Billy Bragg played The Roundhouse last month he performed "Life's a Riot with Spy vs Spy" in its entirety as his encore. It was only a seven track LP (EP?), but still most welcome.

Last edited:
after watching closer... i bet Joy Divison - Unknown Pleasures would be pretty intense!

To have been able to see Abbey Road it it's entirety live would have been something else, if you could hear it over the screaming hordes of love-struck teenage girls of course, although it would be quite an effort on their part to do "the second side" of the album where all the songs run in to each other!

I have a DVD of Slayer playing their most famous album, Reign in Blood, all the way through live, 20 years after recording it. If anything it sounded better!

I got to see Queensryche perform Operation Mindcrime from start to finish at the Astoria a couple of years ago, what made it better was that it was the only one of their albums I particularly liked aside from possibly Empires but I had no idea they were only going to play it till they started.

Pixies - Doolittle

Not that any of their gigs lasted much over an hour anyway!

I was going to say The Beatles Red album, just to be a smart @rse!!

The Clash - Give em enough Rope
The Jam - All Mod Cons

The Jam Live at the Rainbow, The Chords Live at the Rainbow and Dr Feelgoods As it happens (Crocs 1979) were recorded at gigs I was at
As was The Status Quo Live EP (Kursaal 1975)

The Clash - Give em enough Rope
The Jam - All Mod Cons

The Jam Live at the Rainbow, The Chords Live at the Rainbow and Dr Feelgoods As it happens (Crocs 1979) were recorded at gigs I was at
As was The Status Quo Live EP (Kursaal 1975)

Blimey I was at that Quo gig.

Pet Sounds - The Beach Boys

Oasis - Definately Maybe

The Mancs at their best. This album tracks IMHO always the best sounding stuff when they play live.

i reckon idlewild - 100 broken windows would be wicked, a top album, all killer no filler

Status Quo - Hello

hello.jpg

Back