• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Don't vote for these Twerps

osymandus

Life President
From their own webiste on how they will look after people who have left teh armed forces

"And we will pilot a follow-up telephone service that will track and monitor veterans’ mental health after they leave the Armed Forces, so that those who are deemed at risk can be referred for treatment."

A telephone service WTF ! people who have given their lives , and sanity in warzones and your the people of the military are you .... aggghhh

Ignorant morons . What about increased medical and psych care , not the 2 week holiday they get now . Tax cuts for at least a year after service . (correct me if im wrong ) but cant you be recalled up to 4 years after leaving ?? And their emphasis is on bonuses for front line fighting is more cash .. . Im sure that was Wellington's move then post Napoleonic wars , nice to see progression there

http://www.conservatives.com/Policy/Where_we_stand/Defence.aspx

Just for balance im going through them all today ;)

They also deem it necessary to list 50% of humanity as a separate category
http://www.conservatives.com/Policy/Where_we_stand/Women.aspx ??

As is business and the economy (oddly i would have though them linked ??)

Why ?

Last edited:
From their own webiste on how they will look after people who have left teh armed forces

"And we will pilot a follow-up telephone service that will track and monitor veterans’ mental health after they leave the Armed Forces, so that those who are deemed at risk can be referred for treatment."

A telephone service WTF ! people who have given their lives , and sanity in warzones and your the people of the military are you .... aggghhh

Ignorant morons . What about increased medical and psych care , not the 2 week holiday they get now . Tax cuts for at least a year after service . (correct me if im wrong ) but cant you be recalled up to 4 years after leaving ?? And their emphasis is on bonuses for front line fighting is more cash .. . Im sure that was Wellington's move then post Napoleonic wars , nice to see progression there

http://www.conservatives.com/Policy/Where_we_stand/Defence.aspx

I see the lefties like you are out once more to ruin this country

They also deem it necessary to list 50% of humanity as a separate category
http://www.conservatives.com/Policy/Where_we_stand/Women.aspx ??

As is business and the economy (oddly i would have though them linked ??)

Why ?

Is it that odd though.....Labour seem to list those exact same topics seperately as well on their website as well, so you criticising the Tories for it seems to be a complete non point.

Is it that odd though.....Labour seem to list those exact same topics seperately as well on their website as well, so you criticising the Tories for it seems to be a complete non point.

Not really as i stated in the rest of it I'm going through all of them if their both doing (and im fully aware they are ) they both useless pricks copying each other to gain a sound bite advanatage ... damn thats just modern politics isnt it ;)

Class: At least its something , and to be fair if TB thinks its worse we can probably a safe bet its the opposite .

Unlike you righties who have sat back and let it happen . At least we are doing something

Sat back and let the lefties ruin it.

What should we have done?

If there was any justice, the Scottish vote wouldn’t count for an English election and we would never have been saddled with these idiots and their Scottish leaders

Sat back and let the lefties ruin it.

What should we have done?

If there was any justice, the Scottish vote wouldn’t count for an English election and we would never have been saddled with these idiots and their Scottish leaders

Thats your choice not mine , the road to hell paved with good intentions is it not .

Yeah because picking on an ethnic or racial trait is the reason someone is rubbish , not maybe a lack of understanding of global policies or an inabilitly to lead at a larger scale , personal greed or adhearing to personal beliefs or ideals that could make you unsuitable for the position ? (None of these are any of the political leaders per sa but are better reasons)

Though the conservatives get brownie points for making their website easy to read the Labour one is hideous and actually hurts my eyes sigh...

I blame the capitalist mode of production. Bast*rds.

Remember Thatcher made a mockery of the working class, by handing them Council houses at reduced prices, and then watched them selves get further and further in debt as interest rose beyond their means of payment.
Then when they lost their homes, they couldnot get a council house for love or money, unless the social paid out over the odds to greedy landlords,who bought them up at a reduced price, and so the circle was complete for the capitalists.

And as for the job front, as Norman Tebiitt stated " They need to get on their bikes and find work " whilst he earnt loads of cash on boards and probably expenses same Tories today under adifferent spin.

Wonder how many spongers on the dole will vote for them thinking they will be better off.

This election is a straight fight between two parties with at last different agendas, personally the Tories could offer me 2 % tax for life and I wouldnot trust them one bit,and as for the bores who claim all labour are lefties yawn yawn yawn, you are probably too young to remember the true lefties who dominated the scene in the 1970's and were shown the door as Labour came intothe real world

Remember Thatcher made a mockery of the working class, by handing them Council houses at reduced prices, and then watched them selves get further and further in debt as interest rose beyond their means of payment.
Then when they lost their homes, they couldnot get a council house for love or money, unless the social paid out over the odds to greedy landlords,who bought them up at a reduced price, and so the circle was complete for the capitalists.

And as for the job front, as Norman Tebiitt stated " They need to get on their bikes and find work " whilst he earnt loads of cash on boards and probably expenses same Tories today under adifferent spin.

Wonder how many spongers on the dole will vote for them thinking they will be better off.

This election is a straight fight between two parties with at last different agendas, personally the Tories could offer me 2 % tax for life and I wouldnot trust them one bit,and as for the bores who claim all labour are lefties yawn yawn yawn, you are probably too young to remember the true lefties who dominated the scene in the 1970's and were shown the door as Labour came intothe real world

You mean she dilberatly set up a portion of society to take an eventually fall and remain a usable service based workforce , that would produce underdeveloped individuals unable to better themselves , dispite Lord "Vald" Tebbits famous rallying cry (because her cronies had destroyed the abillty to actually do that ). So really had no choice ?

The "real" world is one defined and controlled by the economy

you are probably too young to remember the true lefties who dominated the scene in the 1970's and were shown the door as Labour came intothe real world

Buy why did Labour come into the real world? Because Thatcher showed the World the Country didn’t need to bow down to every demand made by every militant Union leader, and we didn’t need Scargill on side to help run the Country, and if Ford Motor workers wanted to go on strike it was a great opportunity for the Company to clear a massive stock pile of motors that had to be made because the Union demanded it.

Halcyon days indeed.

I'm still puzzled why the Conservatives enjoy such support in Southend.

Pure speculation, but I suppose there are large numbers who work in the city who would be traditional tory voters, together with those that live in Leigh and Thorpe Bay.

Also with 4 selective schools Id have thought most of those families would be Tory voters? Certainly I remember my Dad being a bit bemused to receive a letter from the Headmaster at Westcliff urging parents to vote Tory as it will benefit the school and the children etc etc.

For the purposes of your post I'd suggest that you may well have got your facts skewed. It's true that many people were handed the chance to buy their council house at a knock down price, but I wonder how many of the people who did buy actually defaulted on their mortgage. Not many I'd wager. If you have any stats that prove this one way or another I'd be interested to see them.

You say you don't trust the Tories, but why would you trust Labour (New, Old or whatever flavour they may be)? Mr Brown as Chancellor destroyed the private pension schemes of many people (me included) in this country with the raids he mad on these schemes. Sadly I am not in the public sector as no doubt I'd still be able to lay claim to my index linked pension.

One thing I find very ironic is that we have something in the region of 2.5 million unemployed in the country. I remember when unemployment went past 2 million under the Tories every Labour Politician and Union Leader was up on their hind legs telling us how evil the Tories are in attacking the working classes. However these siren voices are very quiet now as it appears that 2.5 million unemployed under Labour is acceptable when under the Tories it isn't. Double standards there I think.

The biggest complaint I have with this Government is it's failure to tackle Welfare Reform. Blair promised in their 1997 manifesto they would think the unthinkable on Welfare Reform, bought the excellent Frank Field into the cabinet to do the job. The result was they did the square root of **** all and Frank Field was returned to the back benches quick smart. If the Tories are elected I would love them to make Field a member of the cabinet to carry out many of his ideas.

As for the "spongers on the dole" comment I would suggest they will be in their minds voting for Labour in the hope that the nasty Tories or another party stop their gravy train.

I'm still puzzled why the Conservatives enjoy such support in Southend.

People also used to like Teddy Taylor as an MP.
Thats not something to be forgotten, a good MP can be voted in even by people who wouldn't normally vote Tory (or Labour etc). Think his legacy still carries on...

David Amess on the other hand, who the hell votes for him!? ;)

People also used to like Teddy Taylor as an MP.
Thats not something to be forgotten, a good MP can be voted in even by people who wouldn't normally vote Tory (or Labour etc). Think his legacy still carries on...

David Amess on the other hand, who the hell votes for him!? ;)

I agree about Sir Teddy Taylor a bloody good constituency MP. I know a few people who in 1997 wanted the Tories out but wanted to keep Sir Teddy as their MP. They got their wish.

Back