• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Dorking Wanderers 1-0 Southend United

I think your forgetting the manager! Isn't it his job to make the players up for the match? To motivated the players,it's his job to make sure they perform! Your blaming everyone apart from the management team.
I’ve not blamed anyone other than the players for tonight. The management can get players up for a match but when they step out on to the pitch it is down to them. And they were ****ing ****!

Becoming a very divided fan base and all the frustrations are now coming out even more because f recent results, yes kev has done a great job considering what has been going on, but he picks the team, he picks the tactics, we played a team tonight who have conceded 84 goals and we play 8 defense minded players, and the same we we have played the last 7 games we have lost, so people absolutely have the right to question the tactics, personally if we had tried something different tonight and it not worked I would have been behind him more than doing the same again, we can't keep hiding behind excuses that "we've played better teams and was unlucky" we are now playing worse teams and still getting the same outcome, so people have the right to question the management
I hate to admit it as Kev has SUFC running through his veins and I love him to bits but setting up so negative against a team who have conceded that many goals and appearing terrified of losing before the game has started just invites trouble

Because of our extremely predictable and negative tactics all teams have learnt exactly how to play against us and turn us over and as I have been saying for weeks now we have no plan B and that is so worrying ☹️

I hate to admit it as Kev has SUFC running through his veins and I love him to bits but setting up so negative against a team who have conceded that many goals and appearing terrified of losing before the game has started just invites trouble

Because of our extremely predictable and negative tactics all teams have learnt exactly how to play against us and turn us over and as I have been saying for weeks now we have no plan B and that is so worrying ☹️
It's a chicken and egg argument though, isn't it? Are they being set up to play that way? Or is confidence and morale so shot to pieces that heads drop and they end up playing that way put of fear of another defeat?

I still don't believe that Kev or the coaches would want the team to play that negatively and I know for a fact that it's not how they are drilling them to play on training pitch.

Kev, we’ve been telling you this for weeks 🤦‍♂️

We tried to play nice football rather than playing forward quicker and we didn’t ask enough questions. We had a go in the second half and changed it a bit, but overall it wasn’t good enough.

“Everything was too safe and too sideways. We wanted to get it in their half and get our attacking players on the ball in the final third, but it was too safe all the time. Maybe that’s a lack of confidence because we’re losing games.

Ralph: "I want to apologise to the fans. I think we've got the best fans in the league and for them to have to come and watch that is unacceptable."

felt this summarises the problems really well. Not far off a whole team of inexperienced lower league players that did well to get to 6th. But our spine was broken when lopata went so it's no surprise we are as wobbly as a jelly fish.
As I understand it, the players and coaches are as bewildered by the extremeness of the change in confidence and results as we are!. There is only one solution and that's to change formation, style and who plays. Nothing else is possible. I just don't know why it takes 7\8 games to hit home.... If it has that is!
I felt the changes should've been made after the shots game , where we went 1 up and it didn't settle the team at all , in fact the opposite occurred, nothing has really changed since imo

A few people stating a lack of effort tonight. I didn’t go myself so can’t comment, but I saw the previous six and no problems on that front. Which in itself is a bit worrying - suggests we’re simply not good enough.

Kev, we’ve been telling you this for weeks 🤦‍♂️

We tried to play nice football rather than playing forward quicker and we didn’t ask enough questions. We had a go in the second half and changed it a bit, but overall it wasn’t good enough.

“Everything was too safe and too sideways. We wanted to get it in their half and get our attacking players on the ball in the final third, but it was too safe all the time. Maybe that’s a lack of confidence because we’re losing games.
He's taken the blame there because that's the kind of bloke he is, but even if I didnt know it, that interview would tell me that "safe and sideways" is not how he wants them to play, and is not how he coaches and sets them up to play.

A few people stating a lack of effort tonight. I didn’t go myself so can’t comment, but I saw the previous six and no problems on that front. Which in itself is a bit worrying - suggests we’re simply not good enough.
There was plenty of effort, just like in the previous losses. It's the quality that's missing. Bridge looks knackered and nowhere near the player he was earlier this season. Cardwell gives everything and never stops. He just needs to learn to find space more to receive a pass. Taylor is too sideways and back for me. Mooney is a nearly man. Things nearly happen, but they don't happen. Ralph had two nightmare games on the trot just before, but was much better tonight. There is a definite lack of creativity. Our centre backs look better coming forward with the ball than our midfielders. So that tells you something.

Playing sideways, is not the way.
But every week, sideways and backwards is the way we play.
Every week I wish they would run straight down the.middle and take the defenders head on. Scare them.
And then
POWW !!!!
Shoot straight for the back of the goal.

But no, sideways it is again, week after week.

Louis Lomas made some very good uncharacteristic Southend Utd runs by driving forward…..that’s his lot for a while!

Back