• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Dorking Wanderers v Southend United, Tuesday 28th March, 19:45ko, NL

Starting XI and result

• Steve Arnold

Votes: 43 76.8%
  • Gus Scott-Morriss

Votes: 37 66.1%
  • Shaun Hobson

Votes: 40 71.4%
  • Ollie Kensdale

Votes: 41 73.2%
  • Nathan Ralph

Votes: 36 64.3%
  • Jack Bridge

Votes: 31 55.4%
  • Cav Miley

Votes: 44 78.6%
  • Harry Taylor

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Wes Fonguck

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • Rhys Murphy

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Harry Cardwell

Votes: 39 69.6%
  • Louis Lomas

Votes: 21 37.5%
  • Jason Demetriou

• Dan Mooney

Votes: 34 60.7%
  • Callum Powell

• Jake Hyde

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • Chris Wreh

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Tom Clifford

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Jon Benton

Votes: 25 44.6%
  • Jack Wood

Votes: 12 21.4%
  • Henry Sandat

Votes: 20 35.7%
  • Collin Andeng Ndi

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • ….

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ….

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Win

• Draw

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Lose

Votes: 20 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrimpergonzo

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver⭐
Staff member
6 defeats in a row and we only need one more for a club record. The place to go to avoid the ignominy of this “achievement” is Meadowbank, home of Dorking Wanderers.

It’s no surprise given our woeful run of results to find us rock bottom of the form table.

Dorking aren’t in much better form with only 3 league wins since the middle of December, all at home - Torquay, Barnet and (last Saturday) Maidenhead.

3A621EA1-B4CB-4E0E-A51D-99F05A306A5D.jpeg

The transfer window has now shut and with the continued embargo the squad remains the same. The only option to mix things up might be to recall a loanee and with Jack Wood bang on form for Tonbridge Angels, he would seem to be an obvious candidate.

To all but the most optimistic fans, the playoff dreams are over for this season so perhaps the time is right to experiment with different formations or players. One thing’s for sure, the formulas tried over the last few weeks have not worked, albeit all defeats were by a single goal - fine margins and all that.

Anyway, who would you pick to start at Dorking and what do you predict the result will be?

Last edited:
Formations or selections mean nothing if the players mindsets have switched off, and this run of defeats has me worried on that score. I agree that the Play-offs are now done and gone for us, but a decent closure to the playing season is critical to the morale of the squad going into the close season. So, please take some risks tomorrow Kev, as a point or three would help rally that player morale, and set us up for the next game.

Formations or selections mean nothing if the players mindsets have switched off, and this run of defeats has me worried on that score. I agree that the Play-offs are now done and gone for us, but a decent closure to the playing season is critical to the morale of the squad going into the close season. So, please take some risks tomorrow Kev, as a point or three would help rally that player morale, and set us up for the next game.
This. Have a go. Dorking's defence is notedly terrible. No boring set up please

I’m not sure their minds have switched off but their confidence looks to be shredded. They’re all still alert and hungry for the easy and safe ball but the minute there’s an expectation of doing something a bit special they just don’t have the belief. The run of losing matches only compounds those fears.
They’re mainly still playing for a new contract, either with us or elsewhere, so I’m sure they are still focused on the job.
We are also due a bit of luck, let’s hope that turns in our favour tomorrow.

Dorking are on a decent little run of 4 home games without defeat. It certainly won't be easy as they are fighting for their lives. They have the worst defence in the league having conceded 84 in their 38 games. But score a decent amount (55).

If we can't at least score a goal against this lot...

Lose this one and we are on for setting a new record on Saturday of 8 straight defeats.

I'm not going to judge Maher and Co with so much off the field **** but let's be honest, embargo or no embargo, this collapse is getting monumental.

For a club with 5 football professionals in the ‘football department’, I can’t wait for the same starting XI and for the 3rd game in a row of 2 shots on target and zero shots from the midfield and people to come on here and say ‘It’s not Maher’s fault we’re tactically shambolic, its 100% the owners fault for being a ****.’

(You can criticise tactics and management without wanting Maher out by the way.)

Lump on Dorking win, odds are decent.

Something like this for me, change it up a bit please Kev. 4231/433 with Benton in a 10 role.

2-0 win, time to bounce back now.

Arnold

GSM Hobson Kensdale Ralph

Taylor Miley

Benton

Mooney Cardwell Bridge

I honestly don't think Kev or any manager would have the balls to do that

I imagine Kev will stick with the tactics and formation that until a month ago had us firmly in the playoff picture.

I imagine Kev will stick with the tactics and formation that until a month ago had us firmly in the playoff picture.

You don't change a winning side and formation but you do have to change when performances have been woeful and you are staring down the barrell of a record equalling 7th straight defeat.

On a separate note.

Love the bunch of amateurs series that follows Dorking. If you haven't seen it, watch it. Highly enjoyable and available free on YouTube.

Was looking forward to seeing our game earlier in the season at roots hall but this one seems to be missing for some reason.

For a club with 5 football professionals in the ‘football department’, I can’t wait for the same starting XI and for the 3rd game in a row of 2 shots on target and zero shots from the midfield and people to come on here and say ‘It’s not Maher’s fault we’re tactically shambolic, its 100% the owners fault for being a ****.’

(You can criticise tactics and management without wanting Maher out by the way.)

Lump on Dorking win, odds are decent.
I agree with you on the criticism issue, fwiw i dont want anyone gone but RON, far to much is made of any critical analysis of Kev & Co's player selections and style of play imo.
Last game I felt bringing in JD in to give Gus a rest , Bridge dropped to bench , Mooney, Benton And Sandat getting some time to vary the attacking approach play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back