• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Dorking Wanderers v Southend United, Tuesday 28th March, 19:45ko, NL

Starting XI and result

• Steve Arnold

Votes: 43 76.8%
  • Gus Scott-Morriss

Votes: 37 66.1%
  • Shaun Hobson

Votes: 40 71.4%
  • Ollie Kensdale

Votes: 41 73.2%
  • Nathan Ralph

Votes: 36 64.3%
  • Jack Bridge

Votes: 31 55.4%
  • Cav Miley

Votes: 44 78.6%
  • Harry Taylor

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Wes Fonguck

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • Rhys Murphy

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Harry Cardwell

Votes: 39 69.6%
  • Louis Lomas

Votes: 21 37.5%
  • Jason Demetriou

• Dan Mooney

Votes: 34 60.7%
  • Callum Powell

• Jake Hyde

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • Chris Wreh

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Tom Clifford

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Jon Benton

Votes: 25 44.6%
  • Jack Wood

Votes: 12 21.4%
  • Henry Sandat

Votes: 20 35.7%
  • Collin Andeng Ndi

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • ….

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ….

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Win

• Draw

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Lose

Votes: 20 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
5 of us travelling from Billericay. Been to every game home and away, but going away for easter so will miss the next three. I said Saturday i was tired of football at the moment, such a different feeling from driving home from Torquay and before the Barnet game. Amazing how football does that to you. Will be back in time for Daggers at home and then Oldham away. Hoping tonight we get something, even a draw but it has a 1-0 defeat feeling again. Either way i would like Kev to change it up if he can an just go for it from the start.
Absolutely, a draw would halt the run of defeats BUT if we have any lingering remote chance of making the Top 7 and play-offs, need to go for it and try and claim 3 points

Absolutely, a draw would halt the run of defeats BUT if we have any lingering remote chance of making the Top 7 and play-offs, need to go for it and try and claim 3 points

Anyone who thinks we can still make the play offs is frankly the most optimistic fan.

Nothing in the performances from the last 6 games suggests that a win is coming anytime soon, let alone the multiple success wins required to give us a shout.

We have failed miserably at the last knockings and lack of transfers (embargo), shenanigans off the pitch and player uprising has massively effected the morale of the team.

Fwiw I can see us getting something tonight. Dorking are a poor team but if ever there was a time for them to play us, then tonight is that night.

Anyone who thinks we can still make the play offs is frankly the most optimistic fan.

Nothing in the performances from the last 6 games suggests that a win is coming anytime soon, let alone the multiple success wins required to give us a shout.

We have failed miserably at the last knockings and lack of transfers (embargo), shenanigans off the pitch and player uprising has massively effected the morale of the team.

Fwiw I can see us getting something tonight. Dorking are a poor team but if ever there was a time for them to play us, then tonight is that night.
Only has to go a foot either way and its in. 🍾

Only has to go a foot either way and its in. 🍾

If my auntie had a **** shed be my uncle.

Its irrelevant. Those games have been and gone.

The fact remains. Lose tonight and we equal our record of successive defeats in the league. Not the football league. The national league. 7 straight defeats at this level for SUFC is criminal.

We then have the opportunity to go one better and create history at Yeovil.

That would give the current squad the unwanted mantel of worst team in our history.

Blimey Tommy, I'm laying in a hospital bed in Southend Hospital and you've cheered me up no end. The plan was to break out before tonight's game but I might just stay in for another night now.

Last edited:
IIRC Dorking have a decent playing surface but, before I book a stream of tonight's match for mater, any confirmation that the game will definitely go ahead?

We're going to get another point before the end of the season, of that I'm reasonably confident. I'm not so confident it will be tonight..

Blimey Tommy, I'm laying in a hospital bed in Southend Hospital and you've cheered me up no end. The plan was to break out before tonight's game but I might just stay in for another night now.
Hospital beds in a hospital, who knew 😉

Hope it's nothing too serious

Reactions: RHB
Wishing you well @RHB and hope you are soon home.

Reactions: RHB
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back