• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TV Highlights Dorking Wanders 1-0 Southend Utd

RHB

I'm a Mod too⭐⭐
Staff member
6 minutes of agony for those that like that sort of thing. I still think Mooney is going to score.....until he doesn't.

I thought at the game last night that the wall for Benton’s free kick was no more than 8 yards away. Seeing these highlights, I stand to be corrected. It was 6 at most.

Mooneys "shot" on 2:18. Appalling

Kensdale for the goal should have perhaps headed back to keeper or out for a corner. Hindsight is however a wonderful thing.

Can you imagine how Lopata would have dealt with that. Whilst I like Kensdale and Lomas, they are both lightweight in stature and get outmuscled easily. Whie it was incredibly frustrating losing Lopata due to RMs financial mismanagement he was far far stronger and bulldozed through people when needed and it was far harder to budge him out of position. We've lost that asset at the back.

6 minutes of agony for those that like that sort of thing. I still think Mooney is going to score.....until he doesn't.

Love the fact 1 minute of the 6 highlighted, is the team walking out!!

He picks out his teammate perfectly - still think he should've shot
Shame that teammate didn't shoot first time instead have his predictable extra touches and lose the ball.

Also worth noting is the blind cross and first time finish for their goal. Our team are not capable of that sort of goal and its not because that aren't good enough they just wont do it.

Personally and it is only my opinion, I thought last nights team performance was pathetic and even worse than our 1-7 defeat at home to Doncaster back in 2019. We were playing a part time football team ( no disrespect meant) and from kick off I just got that sinking feeling here comes another defeat. On the plus side relegation looks very very unlikely and hopefully come the season 2023-2024 Kevin Maher will actually be able to put a decent team together. One other note. Stan Collymore put together "a team of the best possible scouts in the country" and look at some of the players they came up with - Kensdale, Powell, Mooney, Taylor and Cardwell. Maybe with the current scouting it;'s a good thing there is a transfer embargo!

Personally and it is only my opinion, I thought last nights team performance was pathetic and even worse than our 1-7 defeat at home to Doncaster back in 2019. We were playing a part time football team ( no disrespect meant) and from kick off I just got that sinking feeling here comes another defeat. On the plus side relegation looks very very unlikely and hopefully come the season 2023-2024 Kevin Maher will actually be able to put a decent team together. One other note. Stan Collymore put together "a team of the best possible scouts in the country" and look at some of the players they came up with - Kensdale, Powell, Mooney, Taylor and Cardwell. Maybe with the current scouting it;'s a good thing there is a transfer embargo!
I think you forget how bad that season was. No connection at all between players and fans. At Barnet, that was the best atmosphere in years. Electric. Fans, players, all believing and in it together. Amazing how fast things changed.

I think you forget how bad that season was. No connection at all between players and fans. At Barnet, that was the best atmosphere in years. Electric. Fans, players, all believing and in it together. Amazing how fast things changed.
Are they sold in the club shop?

Somebody said last night "good players do not become bad players overnight"------Well they have to start somewhere.

I don't think Taylor was a scouted player, neither was Fonguck.

Kensdale, Lomas, Wood, GSM, Miley, Powell & Mooney we definitely had our eyes on for a while though.

Arguably, the most disrupting part of the season was Dalby leaving the week before it started.

I don't think Taylor was a scouted player, neither was Fonguck.

Kensdale, Lomas, Wood, GSM, Miley, Powell & Mooney we definitely had our eyes on for a while though.

Arguably, the most disrupting part of the season was Dalby leaving the week before it started.
Not arguably, definitely. And as we held all the cards, we should have delayed the deal until we had a reasonable quota of fit forwards, which we didn’t have when the deal went through. And it would have been even less disruptive if Wrexham had loaned us a player who didn’t break down every other week. Lack of due diligence on our part?

Back