• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Double murder at Boots and Laces

Pubey

Barrett's Banter suggest that JFC had a prank up his sleeve for Macca.

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/theblues/4748601.Barrett_s_Banter__Vote_Barney_/

However apparently JFC's prank on Macca has backfired, with Macca getting two shots on target and 'going medieval' on Laurent and JFC. From all reports, Macca didn't take kindly to JFC and Laurent doing a bit of basketball on the training ground. Macca was last seen fleeing the scene, and indications suggest he is onboard a Ryanair flight to Barcelona...

Double murder at Boots and Laces
Phew, i thought maybe Martin and King had gone to watch training. UTB

So AB says:

"THINGS are difficult for us at the moment and could be for quite a while now.
We’re having to constantly chop and change our defence and that is making things hard for us. "

There's been a debate on another part of this site about whether there's still a transfer embargo in place or whether it's been lifted. Does this quote confirm our worst fears? From what AB is saying, does that suggest there is no long-term defender loanee on the horizon and we have to make do with what we've got? If not, what's the position?

About time we had a proper statement from the club to clearly tell the fans what the current position is, so we know why (for example) Joyce couldn't be on the bench on Saturday and why we have the smallest of squads. We're completely in the dark and don't know why we still don't have a proper squad that can compete despite the club statement about 10 days ago saying that matters had been brought to a close when the HMRC debt was paid.

More to the point, who will AB have banter with if he has no team mates left? Like Revs' blog before he was unceremoniously moved on (not because of his wages, remember, but because of his terrible performances, and we could obviously do without him because we have enough other players), Barrett's Banter has been one of the highlights of being a fan over the last few months. Will be a bit pointless if there's no one left to banter with!

Last edited:
Well the loan window slams shut on the 26th of November, so unless anyone else arrives before then I think we are under some sort of transfer embargo.

My first thought after the game last night was I bet training will be interesting.

So AB says:

"THINGS are difficult for us at the moment and could be for quite a while now.
We’re having to constantly chop and change our defence and that is making things hard for us. "

There's been a debate on another part of this site about whether there's still a transfer embargo in place or whether it's been lifted. Does this quote confirm our worst fears? From what AB is saying, does that suggest there is no long-term defender loanee on the horizon and we have to make do with what we've got? If not, what's the position?

About time we had a proper statement from the club to clearly tell the fans what the current position is, so we know why (for example) Joyce couldn't be on the bench on Saturday and why we have the smallest of squads. We're completely in the dark and don't know why we still don't have a proper squad that can compete despite the club statement about 10 days ago saying that matters had been brought to a close when the HMRC debt was paid.

More to the point, who will AB have banter with if he has no team mates left? Like Revs' blog before he was unceremoniously moved on (not because of his wages, remember, but because of his terrible performances, and we could obviously do without him because we have enough other players), Barrett's Banter has been one of the highlights of being a fan over the last few months. Will be a bit pointless if there's no one left to banter with!
Elstreeblue i am in total agreement with you, however; how can we force a statement out of RM or the board? i certainly don't have the know how, someone somewhere needs to do something. I am at a loss as to what to think or what to do. What i do know is that AB would not have made that statement for no reason. I am sure that Chris Phillips (echo) would not have made the statement concerning Joyce if it had no foundation. Something is wrong at the club, and while we still have a club to support then something should be done. UTB.

"If they weren’t though then Jeff (Christophe) has told us he has something planned for Macca so it could be an interesting few days"

Thierry Henry france top & a giant foam hand?

So AB says:

"THINGS are difficult for us at the moment and could be for quite a while now. We’re having to constantly chop and change our defence and that is making things hard for us. "

Sweet jesus. Don't you think we have enough problem's without reading between the lines then adding 2 + 2 togther and getting 13? You're trying to find things that aren't there!

All Barrett has done there is state facts of what the situation has been in the last few weeks, nothing about the future there.

Sweet jesus. Don't you think we have enough problem's without reading between the lines then adding 2 + 2 togther and getting 13? You're trying to find things that aren't there!

All Barrett has done there is state facts of what the situation has been in the last few weeks, nothing about the future there.

... and could be for quite a while now.

A phrase he didn't have to put in, but chose to.

Indeed.

Although going on my past experiences, I'd suggest the players usually don't know as much as some might think and that they tend to rumour monger between each other just as much as some on here do.

He could just be refering to the injuries to Sankofa & M'voto, Herd's knock & Morrison's suspension.

Depends on if you want to look for the negative doesn't it.

He could just be refering to the injuries to Sankofa & M'voto, Herd's knock & Morrison's suspension.

Depends on if you want to look for the negative doesn't it.

The problem is that as far as the chairman is concerned it can only be negative, we have heard nothing, therefore rumours will continue to spread, and we will pick up on every word to try to discover what the situation is, if the chairman had told us what was going on then maybe we would not be so negative. UTB.

The problem is that as far as the chairman is concerned it can only be negative, we have heard nothing, therefore rumours will continue to spread, and we will pick up on every word to try to discover what the situation is, if the chairman had told us what was going on then maybe we would not be so negative. UTB.

I reckon a few blogs could be on their way soon.

Back