• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Dover Athletic 1-0 Southend United

There’s almost a slight irony today in that before the game the fans were singing Chris Powell’s name, yet actually he started what we are currently dealing with.
That ****ed me off somewhat when I see him at pitch side ,he's got some nerve
What cheek

Looking through the programme squad list would only keep the youngsters, Hopper and possibly Humphrey’s for next season.

Going to be a record amount of players released in the summer!

The biggest surprise for me is Cox who has gone from almost legend status last season and player of the year, to a shell of the player he was. I think a combination of age, lack of pre season and the wrong attitude, for reasons we don’t know would seem to be the cause of this.

The fear for me is who is contracted beyond 2020, which utter dross do we have to keep?
I don't think there is many contracted after 2020

I don't think there is many contracted after 2020

This is the current position. There are several players with optional extentions beyond 2020 but they have not included here

Mark Oxley - 2021
Nathan Bishop - 2021 (option until 2022)

DEF:
Jason Demetriou - 2021 (option until 2022)
Harry Lennon - 2021
Harry Kyprianou - 2021
Nathan Ralph - 2021 (option until 2022)

MID:
Isaac Hutchinson - 2021

FWD:
Stephen Humphrys - 2021
Tom Hopper - 2021
Charlie Kelman - 2021
Brandon Goodship 2021 (option until 2022)

Apart from the fact his reign in charge at the has put us is this predicament, but not all of it his fault I must admit
A clever ploy by bt sport to rub our noses in it

Because of a certain individual - our own fan - who thought it was ok to tell our own 19 year old player Isaac Hutchinson, while he was taking a corner that he HOPED HIS FAMILY DIE OF CANCER.

Our own fan said this.

About our own player.

Our 19 year old youth product.

That is awful, what a terrible thing to say.

Apart from the fact his reign in charge at the has put us is this predicament, but not all of it his fault I must admit
A clever ploy by bt sport to rub our noses in it

How are season ending injuries a managers fault?

But not all his fault theres a clue there

Agreed, the fans certainly didn't help. The start of our current predicament was when CP got fed up with the abuse and retreated to his bench.

Still if you have paid your £20 quid your 'entitled'.......Lets hope Hutch doesn't join the long list of players who are equally entitled to say F*** you.

Apart from Hutchinson who doesn’t even care enough to wear the correct footwear, he was slipping over every 5 minutes. And if Acquah is anything to go by the youth players are going to be even more out of their depth than the senior players.
And bishop, who doesn’t even care enough to try and save a ball

Apart from Hutchinson who doesn’t even care enough to wear the correct footwear, he was slipping over every 5 minutes. And if Acquah is anything to go by the youth players are going to be even more out of their depth than the senior players.

Personally I think Hutchinson has the makings of a very good footballer, but for now I would say he's a bit lightweight. There are times when I want to see him put in a challenge, but he doesn't. He also doesn't seem to be able to hold off any challenge either. He needs to develop a bit of a nasty side.

But let's face it, if the rest of the midfield was a) fit, or b) on form would he even be in the starting 11? I would imagine the answer is no. He wasn't bought in to be playing in the 1st team now. He was bought in for the 23s (as mentioned by the commentators yesterday) and finds himself playing in the 1st team when he probably needs another year or two to bulk up.

Reflections the morning after......

This is a group of players whose confidence is at rock bottom and who, by and large, no longer enjoy playing football. They are not a team but a group of nervous and no doubt worried individuals. The skills and talent which they had seem to have deserted them and they don't know what to do about it. The reaction of our fans whilst understandable is not helping at all. There is only one solution - they have to win two or three matches on the trot and start to rebuild their confidence. This is highly unlikely. Even a change of manager to a man with a proven record of succeeding in a very similar (but not quite so bad) situation hasn't helped at all. In the January transfer window we need to pick up at least half a dozen new players. We won't be able to afford anyone good so we will need to seek triers, players with strength of character to partly make up for lack of real footballing ability. With Bwomono, Dieng, Hutchinson, Kelman and Hopper retained in our starting eleven we will have a chance if we can add half a dozen fighters and battlers to them.

In all my years as a fan that was the worse since........Doncaster at home, just a few weeks ago. Before that it was Wimbledon and before that Rochdale (home and away last year) etc. In fact according to some I have seen the 6 worst ever performances in our history. I'm quite pleased about that.....Anybody but Brown hasn't really worked out.

Whats to say about yesterday.....No point except at least Sol now knows it was wrong to drop Oxley. The best bit is loads of fans will want Ox to fail when he does go back in goal.......So neither keeper can win.

I can sense people reaching for the Sol out daggers......Who's going to be first to draw blood?

Reflections the morning after......

This is a group of players whose confidence is at rock bottom and who, by and large, no longer enjoy playing football. They are not a team but a group of nervous and no doubt worried individuals. The skills and talent which they had seem to have deserted them and they don't know what to do about it. The reaction of our fans whilst understandable is not helping at all. There is only one solution - they have to win two or three matches on the trot and start to rebuild their confidence. This is highly unlikely. Even a change of manager to a man with a proven record of succeeding in a very similar (but not quite so bad) situation hasn't helped at all. In the January transfer window we need to pick up at least half a dozen new players. We won't be able to afford anyone good so we will need to seek triers, players with strength of character to partly make up for lack of real footballing ability. With Bwomono, Dieng, Hutchinson, Kelman and Hopper retained in our starting eleven we will have a chance of we can add half a dozen fighters and battles to them.

I would include Bishop in your starting X1, the defence is woeful but he has the talent if his confidence is not shot to pieces

I hope Sol takes the approach we have a good set of kids that need an experienced head on the field, like Sodje and Prior were, both leaders and fearless

I’ve read this a few times now and I’m struggling to understand what footwear he had on and what he should’ve worn.....

I always thought if you are slipping over wearing moulded studs then wear a stud...if you slip over wearing studs then it’s just wet and theirs little you can do?

I mean let’s be honest was he the only one slipping? I saw literally every single player find it difficult to keep their feet....especially ours which would indicate it was a very different surface what we were used to.....oh wait a minute an away tie to a non league side.....maybe that’s what contributes to making these games difficult and part of the reason why so many upsets happen in this competition?

Doesn’t care enough to wear the right footwear? Oh yeah....he turned up and thought, “I’m not really bothered about playing well or winning I think I’ll wear my trainers”!

Incredible.

In all my years as a fan that was the worse since........Doncaster at home, just a few weeks ago. Before that it was Wimbledon and before that Rochdale (home and away last year) etc. In fact according to some I have seen the 6 worst ever performances in our history. I'm quite pleased about that.....Anybody but Brown hasn't really worked out.

Whats to say about yesterday.....No point except at least Sol now knows it was wrong to drop Oxley. The best bit is loads of fans will want Ox to fail when he does go back in goal.......So neither keeper can win.

I can sense people reaching for the Sol out daggers......Who's going to be first to draw blood?

No one you fool, but those that thought Sol was the messiah were obviously wrong
Normally the new manager bounce comes into play and at our club it hasn't, my concern is he will walk if not given the chance in Jan transfer window

Its just posters like you ,who try and rile up many who are frustrated on and off the pitch, prefer if you go fishing else where

Back