• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Memory Lane Down Memory Lane..............

GREAT PICS! make mine look 2nd rate, perhaps we've started something here. Anyone else want to rumage through the albums tonight?

Nope yours were just as good, I went to roots Hall in 80/81 but dont really remember much so the pictures are great.

Great idea though, more pictures from the 70's and 80's would be most welcome.

Southend United v Chester City 13th May 1989. Prior scores for Southend.

Southend United v Chester City 13th May 1989. David Crown on the ball, view from the North Bank.

Southend United v Chester City 13th May 1989. Fans on the pitch await news of relegation!!

Click on above photo for more SUFC photo's. Might be a few photo's of you!!

1442235333_2f529ece34.jpg

Me and my brothers are in that pic, i've got my back to the camera walking up the stairs, the little kis hanging of the barrier is my youngest brother and i'm not 100% sure but the kid with the jacket over his head might be SUFC_Al!

Mate scrolling through those pics is like going back in time!

1442235333_2f529ece34.jpg

Me and my brothers are in that pic, i've got my back to the camera walking up the stairs, the little kis hanging of the barrier is my youngest brother and i'm not 100% sure but the kid with the jacket over his head might be SUFC_Al!

Mate scrolling through those pics is like going back in time!

oh my god that is us! That is me with the jacket over my head! :hilarious:

I've got some pictures of Lincoln fans in the old South bank for the 80/1 Div 4 game. Unfortunately it is saying they are too big to download and the web site i copied and pasted them from doesnt exist anymore as it was lincoln hooli site. I'm sure its been mentioned on here before.

oh my god that is us! That is me with the jacket over my head! :hilarious:

Al... This is quite possibly when we had the massive game of football in the park over the road before the match, and note the score... we always lose at Port Fail :(

Some great photo's there, i was at that Rochdale match ;)

.... as well as the Chester, Blackpool and Northampton games from the Flickr site)

Last edited:
^

I was there, we were waiting for the Bournemouth result if memory serves.

I think that was the season where we needed to win the last game and Reading needed to lose. Reading had plummeted down the table after not losing their last 6 games.
They were 2-0 down in the 2nd away at Chesterfield and I thought it was all over, I was on my way home when I found out they had come back to win 4-2

Al... This is quite possibly when we had the massive game of football in the park over the road before the match, and note the score... we always lose at Port Fail :(

Some great photo's there, i was at that Rochdale match ;)

.... as well as the Chester, Blackpool and Northampton games from the Flickr site)

Lee, it was the time we had the massive game of footie in the park! I have no idea why I have my coat over my head though!

Back