• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

palexander

Life President
Thought our support was superb today, but was let down by a minority few.

We sat near a few idiots that spent the game verbally slagging off JCR and Paynter. OK, Billy has had a slow start and is obviously getting some critism on here - but back him during the game.

Unbelievably, they booed the announcement of JCR (not in any sort of jest) and continued to hammer him throughout the game, before cheering his substitution.

Whatever you think of JCR's end product (or lack of it) he always gives 100% and his work-rate away from home is such a help to the side.

There were other murmorings in other pockets of fans and all I can think is that they have NO knowledge of football and the value certain players bring to the side.

Why bother coming - you'd be better off staying away...

absolutely no need to act like that. players can hear the fans and some of the comments and boos that get dished out to our players from time to time are terrible and embarrassing for the majority of decent fans who are trying to get behind their team. there is a definite correlation between postitive support and a teams performance (as fergie has been saying in the press), often it is the support that kick starts the teams performance on the pitch. if someone isnt playing very well, get behind them and encourage them..:)

Thought I heard a few boo's for JCR when the team was read out- didn't think it would be anyone in the away end booing one of our own players before a game, before a ball had even been kicked. Thought there must have been something else going on at the time.

Shame on them.
down.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jontosh2001 @ Sep. 16 2006,23:33)]there is a definite correlation between postitive support and a teams performance (as fergie has been saying in the press), often it is the support that kick starts the teams performance on the pitch.
As evidenced on Tuesday night. At 3-1 down it wasn't long before the crowd lifted themselves and the team out of the doldrums and it paid dividends.

Positive thinking, as Noel Edmonds would say!

I have to admit that i thought JCR played much better today and turned a few opinions around.

wasnt at the norwich game but my mate said the support was good and FBMs ratings echo that. get behind the boys and im sure players like JCR and paynter will react to that... its very rare you get a player who trives off boos and jeers from any sets of fans (christiano ronaldo is one who springs to mind)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (roots_maul @ Sep. 16 2006,23:52)]Thought I heard a few boo's for JCR when the team was read out- didn't think it would be anyone in the away end booing one of our own players before a game, before a ball had even been kicked. Thought there must have been something else going on at the time.

Shame on them.
down.gif
If Southend fans were really booing JCR before kick-off then thats absolutely disgraceful.

Indeed. The culprits should be ashamed of themselves - booing players from your own team is counter-productive and stupid.

The one thing i love to hear from opposing fans is them slagging of one of their own players. I certainly wouldnt give them the satisfaction of hearing me doing it to one of ours.

i will be honest and admit i had a pop at billy and i still dont regret that at the moment as i have no reason to apologise because he hasnt proved me wrong as yet and believ me im hoping he will. But JCR i dont understand what he is doing wrong in the last month he has been one of our best players game in game out and i no he doesnt always have an end product but he is still creating chances for us

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pboreham @ Sep. 16 2006,23:21)]Unbelievably, they booed the announcement of JCR (not in any sort of jest) and continued to hammer him throughout the game, before cheering his substitution.
Personally I still feel Paynter gives us nothing particularly for the inflated price we paid for him and I don't like the fact he's still in the side when we have better options in Harrold and Hooper (and soon to be Ricketts). If I see a player who clearly isn't doing it every single week I think it's OK for us to have a groan about it (not PERSONAL ABUSE you understand). There are many on here that recognise the major problem JCR causes for us and share the same frustration in that it could be easily fixed by the player and management team but it hasn't been and probably won't - however to boo a player from YOUR club when his name is read out before a game is very poor from those responsible for that, if you don't want to cheer his name when it's read out fine but to boo isn't good for JCR (or Paynter for that matter), the team or the image of the fans. No-one has more of a problem with JCR or Paynter than me on here I don't think but I would never resort to that, I wasn't at the game yesterday so can't comment but I would hope any boos came from a very very small minority.

The support was superb yesterday, non-stop singing in complete contrast to the silent home fans. I saw a few people booing Paynter's announcement pre-match but didn't hear any abuse of JCR, infact we were singing his name during the match.

we need to get behind our players especially billy as he seems short on confidence

i could also hear critism of him yesterday of which some of it was justified although some of it was just plain stupid
one incident he recieved a bad pass that was cut out by the defender who went on a run up the pitch paynter chased back and won the ball back and passed it on
just after he had done this some idiot shouted out "paynter that was rubbish why are you chasing back, stay up front were your suppose to be playing"

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimptank @ Sep. 17 2006,00:00)]I have to admit that i thought JCR played much better today and turned a few opinions around.
Chris Phillips on BBC Essex didn't think so, he slated JCR for not doing exactly what he should be at one point during the 2nd half. He apparently (I wasn't at the game) had FIVE options for a pass but tried to beat his man again and lost possession.

down.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Angell Delight @ Sep. 17 2006,12:24)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimptank @ Sep. 17 2006,00:00)]I have to admit that i thought JCR played much better today and turned a few opinions around.
Chris Phillips on BBC Essex didn't think so, he slated JCR for not doing exactly what he should be at one point during the 2nd half. He apparently (I wasn't at the game) had FIVE options for a pass but tried to beat his man again and lost possession.

down.gif
That was over exaggeration to make his point sound valid.

There was an occasion in the second half where he had options either side of him but kept hold of the ball for far too long and ended up losing it.

He can be frustrating but I think he is worth his place in the side.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fredheim_holm @ Sep. 17 2006,12:54)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Angell Delight @ Sep. 17 2006,12:24)]
[b said:

down.gif
That was over exaggeration to make his point sound valid.
Maybe it was over exaggerated but something very similar must have happened or he wouldn't have made the point.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BrettieAngell @ Sep. 17 2006,13:02)]There was an occasion in the second half where he had options either side of him but kept hold of the ball for far too long and ended up losing it.

I'd love him to prove him wrong but I really think we have better options that would better serve the team. What I wouldn't give for Benno down the right side now.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Angell Delight @ Sep. 17 2006,13:13)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BrettieAngell @ Sep. 17 2006,13:02)]There was an occasion in the second half where he had options either side of him but kept hold of the ball for far too long and ended up losing it.

I'd love him to prove him wrong but I really think we have better options that would better serve the team. What I wouldn't give for Benno down the right side now.
His work-rate is immense, he tracks back constantly which is unusual for a winger and I like the fact that him and Gower switch wings quite alot aswell. Yes he could have more of an end product and at times he could move the ball about more quickly bit I think he is trying to work on that. It's all about opinions I cant honesty see we have a better alternative at the moment.

Back