• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Zone Update Downtime

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
This should not effect to many people unless you suffer from Insomnia, but at least you know. :Look:

"On Wednesday 12th September 2018 starting at 23:59 we will be upgrading all servers that are managed from our primary data centre in North London. This upgrade is essential to ensure the continued stability of our services.

Whilst the upgrade is taking place, there will, unfortunately, be a short period of downtime (up to 60 minutes), but we will do everything we can to keep this downtime to an absolute minimum.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this will cause, we have scheduled this maintenance at this time to minimise the impact as best as possible."

So, this is tomorrow night and not tonight? That's good as I may well be around in the wee small hour tonight as I have run out of sleeping tablets and the doctors, being total incompetents, decided not to fill my repeat prescription submitted 11 days ago, and instead, phoned me today to go in for a "review". Bloody incompetents everywhere!

Maybe Col Ewe could send you a DVD of the highlights of their last season in league two, as long as you’ve got a strong stomach. I couldn’t be awake through that

Kay, why don’t you try Melatoin rather than sleepers
They're not really sleeping tablets @Tinks, phenergan. What's the one you said, is it prescription? I've tried all the herbal stuff, none of which works - and, in case you hadn't noticed, as predicted, here I am after midnight! :Sad:

No Melatonin only tries to regulate the sleep pattern.
Nothing worse than not being able to sleep properly as it can make you fell grotty the next day and levels of concentration, cognition and overall functioning is also effected.
Try Phenragan - you can get it over the counter and comes in 10mg and 25mg tablets.

No Melatonin only tries to regulate the sleep pattern.
Nothing worse than not being able to sleep properly as it can make you fell grotty the next day and levels of concentration, cognition and overall functioning is also effected.
Try Phenragan - you can get it over the counter and comes in 10mg and 25mg tablets.
Phenragan is good but I tend to prefer Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride (Nytol or Boots SleepEaze). They're very similar but I find with Diphoenhydramine I don't feel as ****ed the next morning. Shouldn't use it long term but I find it good for bouts of insomnia and also I travel quite a bit and it's good for jetlag.

General sleep hygiene was good for my insomnia. Got back into reading and avoid as much as possible phone/laptop screens.

I do take Phenergan @Tinks - that's what I'd run out of, however, it seems that there is a nationwide shortage of it at the moment as manufacturing has halted because parents are using it to over-medicate their children so it's being fully reviewed!

Turns out the chemist knew there was a problem filling my prescription but instead of telling me themselves, sent a message back to the doctors to call me in to "review" my medication. Bloody idiots - why couldn't they have told me when I first went in for it instead of letting me run out?!

Been given a very low dose amitryptiline for a couple of months - don't take them every night anyway, only on work nights.

Back