• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Dr Feelgood exhibition, Canvey Club

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
Worth a visit if you are in the area......

A great place for a pint, right up there with the Barge Gladys.

Have you been? Is it THAT good? passed there last night, that place gives me the creeps...

Have you been? Is it THAT good? passed there last night, that place gives me the creeps...

Yes I have been.

Is it that good? Depends what you expect to find at an exhibition about a local band in a building with a corrugated iron roof. If you are expecting holograms and animatronics then you will probably leave disappointed.

As a drinking venue I think it is great.

I was expecting something on a par with the music exhibition at the o2 to be fair, with a full hologramatic rendition of "Small Gains Corner" by the 1976 lineup. Shocking.

OK - if we were to compare Canvey Club to the Hellico (sic), with it's stare at the wrong person the wrong way and you'll be spending 2 months in hospital culture, which one wins?

The only plus point about Canvey Club is it's amazing toilets outside, a great stop on many a walk home from the town on a night out.

I'm assuming that most of the pieces in the DF exhibition in Canvey were also in the display at the Beecroft Art Gallery last year, in their show on Southend pop groups memorabilia? Including that minature painting by Wilko of a rat,photos of the band, etc.
If that's the case it's stuff well worth seeing.

Hoping to go Saturday week.

I'm assuming it will be on a par with the Bowie exhibition at the V&A.

Worth a visit if you are in the area......

A great place for a pint, right up there with the Barge Gladys.

Popped in on Saturday; plenty of interesting articles and gig posters on the wall. Had a quick chat with band manager Chris Fenwick too - the exhibition is all stuff he has compiled over the years.

As for the Canvey Club itself, that place is quite something. It is only £2.50 for a pint of lager, but the clientele (a) do like a good old swear and (b) have probably never heard the word clientele. They prefer other 'c' words.

All in all, glad I went.

Completely agree with Uncle on this one, went there last week to find some bloke stripping off to put on a suit to attend a funeral and the wife learned lots of new swear words.

Display was good -- absolutely hundreds of photos and news cuttings and stuff.

I thought the Canvey Club was going to fall down as the floor moved when we walked round but 2 cups of coffee cost £1.

Went along Saturday as well.

Proper "old" pub, cheap beer and a quality display. Loved the band Toby jugs.

Kinda made me realise that a dirty pub with bands playing (who don't play wall to wall covers) really is needed on Canvey.

(for the record, not pop punk bands either). Essentially I want the Railway to open on Canvey.

Back