• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Dreadful sporting events

He plays for a combined Union Davis Cup team, he's no doubt been pictured with a Union Jack. It was opportunistic and very poor PR - think it in private, keep mouth shut. It was like biting the hand that's fed you.

People are so precious. Voting 'Yes' wasn't a treacherous act and neither was saying so. He was entitled to an opinion and I'm sure the reaction of a bunch of spoilt entitled middle-class people from Surrey has probably made him more glad he did what he did and not less.

Motor-racing would be my vote for this. I know a fair few people who have dropped a small fortune watching F1 around the World. Can't see the point. Even if you like the sport then surely you're better off watching on TV.

He plays for a combined Union Davis Cup team, he's no doubt been pictured with a Union Jack. It was opportunistic and very poor PR - think it in private, keep mouth shut. It was like biting the hand that's fed you.

Arrant nonsense. Murray has fed himself by working his bollocks off to become one of the best tennis players in the world. Makes a change to hear a sportsman actually put forward a political opinion.

But I have veered off topic here. I reckon an F1 race in Bahrain would be pretty appalling.

Golf
Rugby - especially the "League" version favoured by Northerners and Aussies.
Cricket - even the 20/20 flavour cannot hold my attention.
Lady Football - The box ticking BBC are doing their best to ram it down peoples throats despite the standard being little better than Sunday League with slightly better crowds. The skill level has improved a bit in recent years but goalkeeping is still the achilles heel.
That olympic sport where the horse prances on the spot.

Paralympics

We got into the Olympic spirit but could only get tickets for weight lifting ( how dull must that me). Because of the genuinely brilliant way it was organized we also got to see team gb sitting volleyball. Both events were actually brilliant to watch. And the weight lifting spectators from Iran made the atmosphere electric. I genuinely can't explain how good it was. As my mum says 'don't knock it until you try it'

Sky's Sports 4 just starting - Live Netball... Er, no thanks!

AFL- I’m not sure if it’s completely rubbish ornot, watching it live opened my eyes, the oval is massive the guys must besuper fit and it is brutal. You don’t see on TV that the players stand withtheir markers all game giving each other not so sly punches and elbows etc. Whilstbeing in awe of the players fitness and toughness the game is actually boringand stadium atmosphere not existent (I was watching a derby game between Westcoast eagles and Freemantle Dockers too)

Bowers and Pitsea v Sporting Bengal United last evening. One of the most abysmal "games of football" (a matter open to debate if that is what it actually was) that I have ever seen (and I have seen a lot in 40 plus years or so of following "the beautiful game") whilst sitting in the freezing cold with a crowd of about 30 people.

90 minutes of my life I will always look back on as wasted and that sadly, I'll never get back. :stunned:

It's a shame Orient - Colchester isn't the last game.of the season because I would like to be there to watch both het relegated.

Rugby..I simply don't get it as no skill just big blokes diving about.
Darts..Crap
Tennis..Dull and tedious.

Back