• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

matt1

Purely hypothetical exercise but assume that the league competition has to be restarted (with players reallocated) and the football league has asked you to create a premier league for British teams to make a fresh start. Ok this isn't a realistic scenario but go with it!!!

Player assets have not been allocated yet to clubs, so you can't include Man Utd in the league because you like Wayne Rooney. However all stadia, infrastructure, localities etc exists as per today. You can however take history (both of good away days experienced in the past and competition history into consideration). Which teams would you include in your league of 20 and why?

Southend obviously would be a given and I think a lot of other fans would also pick us in their dream league as a good seaside away day with good transport links from London.

I'd probably try to select only one team from each major city as I wouldn't want to go to Manchester or Birmingham more than once a season. my choices would therefore be Man City and Birmingham city as utd and villa are not so centrally located.

Probably also go for Cardiff as a weekend away in the capital of Wales is always good and Chelsea as my London club as well located and like the stadium with close proximity to pitch.

I'd probably choose Southampton, Blackpool and Bournemouth to make good potential seaside weekenders. Newcastle, Chester, Nottingham, Liverpool, Stoke would be my choices for city break away days.

Newquay would have to have create a team in this league also! I'd probably also add rangers and hearts to spice things up a bit! I'd also include orient to give us a bit of local rivalry and they can use the Olympic park hockey stadium!

Not sure how many teams I have left but you get the general gist!!! Which teams would you choose for your dream league?

Purely hypothetical exercise but assume that the league competition has to be restarted (with players reallocated) and the football league has asked you to create a premier league for British teams to make a fresh start. Ok this isn't a realistic scenario but go with it!!!

Player assets have not been allocated yet to clubs, so you can't include Man Utd in the league because you like Wayne Rooney. However all stadia, infrastructure, localities etc exists as per today. You can however take history (both of good away days experienced in the past and competition history into consideration). Which teams would you include in your league of 20 and why?

Southend obviously would be a given and I think a lot of other fans would also pick us in their dream league as a good seaside away day with good transport links from London.

I'd probably try to select only one team from each major city as I wouldn't want to go to Manchester or Birmingham more than once a season. my choices would therefore be Man City and Birmingham city as utd and villa are not so centrally located.

Probably also go for Cardiff as a weekend away in the capital of Wales is always good and Chelsea as my London club as well located and like the stadium with close proximity to pitch.

I'd probably choose Southampton, Blackpool and Bournemouth to make good potential seaside weekenders. Newcastle, Chester, Nottingham, Liverpool, Stoke would be my choices for city break away days.

Newquay would have to have create a team in this league also! I'd probably also add rangers and hearts to spice things up a bit! I'd also include orient to give us a bit of local rivalry and they can use the Olympic park hockey stadium!

Not sure how many teams I have left but you get the general gist!!! Which teams would you choose for your dream league?

Back to the drawing board you go...:winking:

Back