• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

yogi bear up the cagire

Life President⭐
Sadly.................or rather happily, there is no graph this year, to see how we were doing in comparison to last season. So, as I'm still in the recovery room from my weekend, working in Toulouse, I thought I'd amuse myself by checking back on what has been required, in previous seasons, to achieve both play-off and automatic promotion places in League One
As far as automatic promotion is concerned, the average points needed to take the second promotion berth has been about 88 points (on four occasions it's been achieved with less than 85points, the lowest being 80). On that calculation, a healthy two points a game from now on would give us an outside chance.
When we look at the play-offs, since the inception of League One, about 75 points has been the requirement for sixth place (on five occasions it's been achieved with less than that, 74(1) 72(3) and 70(1)) Therefore with only one and a half points from our remaining games we would be on the cusp of a play-off place, with 72 points.
Interesting to note that in our last L2 automatic promotion season (2005/6), we had accumulated 51 points from our first 29 games..........only four points short of what we presently have! Two years later, when our dreams were rudely halted at Doncaster, we had ONLY 41 points from 29 games.
No predictions from me but there is still everything to play for this season. I, probably like many others, am rather stunned at writing this, when I thought, at the start of the season, it would be rather checking how many points we required for survival. Initially, I was not one of PB's greatest fans but I'm in admiration of his rather astute signings, especially from last month. At the least it very much allows us to dream on............for the moment!:smile:

Sadly.................or rather happily, there is no graph this year, to see how we were doing in comparison to last season. So, as I'm still in the recovery room from my weekend, working in Toulouse

I have on good authority that Colchester is going to be renamed to match that place in France where you were working this weekend:smile:

....and only one more win required to avoid relegation ?!?

Yogi, is the Pasteur quote along the same lines as the reply which Rodney gave to Del Boy when the latter asked what "Duck a l'orange" was in French? In truth I am finding it canard too.

....and only one more win required to avoid relegation ?!?

Ideally, at least two wins and two draws to get us above 54 points, which is the highest number of points that a team has been relegated on before in Div 3/League 1.

Hilariously, it was us that did that, but then it lead to the first of back-to-back promotions into the Division 1!

Yogi, is the Pasteur quote along the same lines as the reply which Rodney gave to Del Boy when the latter asked what "Duck a l'orange" was in French? In truth I am finding it canard too.

The rough translation is "Those who give up trying to be better already cease to be good." It's a quote written on the wall of the analysis laboratory I use, in Saint Gaudens.

Ideally, at least two wins and two draws to get us above 54 points, which is the highest number of points that a team has been relegated on before in Div 3/League 1.

Hilariously, it was us that did that, but then it lead to the first of back-to-back promotions into the Division 1!
I can think of a multitude of adverbs to describe that never to be forgotten relegation, but hilariously would probably be the least likely I would choose.

How often do you have to give a specimen, Yogi ? :)
Blood tests a few times a year.............I only go for the coffee and croissant you get after they've drained your blood! :winking:
Hopefully approaching calmer waters here........have wanted to PM you for a while. On my accountancy for a week, so things should be a little less hectic.

Back