• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Dream Summer Signings

fredheim_holm

Where art thou Tes
Put in your optimistic (/realistic) signings this summer, overall cost and final team.

Haven't seen it done yet, but if it has, just ignore me.

Signings: Dervite (300k), Sears (season long loan), Harding (free) & RightMid (~150k).

Overall cost: 450k + ~7k wages p/w.

Team

Mildy

Sanks Dervitte Barrett Harding

RightMid Grant McCormack Moussa

Sears Barnard

subs (from): Revell, Laurent, Francis, Herd, JFC, Betsy/Scannell, Joyce.

Last edited:
Dervite (250-300k)
Harding (Free)
Billy Clarke (Free)
RM/LM (125k)
Sears (Season Long Loan)

Dorian Dervite (250k)
Theo Robinson (100k)
Billy Clarke (Free)
Dan Harding (Free)
Albert Adomoah (70k)
Ivan Campo (Free) - Just for Kicks ;)
Freddie Sears (Season Long Loan)
Lee Sawyer (Free)
Possebon (Loan from Manchester United)

I don't want alot do I ;)

dervite - 400k
harding - free
robinson - 100k
Lee Sawyer - Free

(edited to include Sawyer!)

Last edited:
Dorian Dervitte (150k)
Dan Harding (FREE)
Billy Clarke (FREE)
Ivan Campo (FREE and for the expierence)
Lee Sawyer (FREE)

All realistic targets i would think... all of apart from Campo who could want a bit to much money but the rest would be good and promotion to the Championship would be on the cards :)

Dorvitte - 250k
Billy Jones - 100k
Peter Clarke - Signing on fee
Jack Wilshere - Loan (unlikely i know!!)
Lee Sawyer - Free (?)
Theo Robinson - 100k

Billy Jones who plays for PNE used to play for Crewe. Or is there another one?

Dorian Dervite - £250K
Theo Robinson - £100K
Billy Clarke - Free
Dan Harding - Free
Michael Nelson - Free
Matt Ritchie - £75K
Lee Sawyer - Free.

Do that for us RM, Tilly and Brush and I'd be delighted.

1. Peter Clarke (contract)
2. Dan Harding or Matt Richards (free) - EDIT - or even both as I believe Richards can play left midfield
3. Dorian Dervitte (250/300k)
4. Lee Sawyer (free)
5. Right winger - christ knows who though (100k)
6. Theo Robinson (100k) or Freddie Sears (loan)
7. Right back (loan)

So we're spending £500k on that basis, with a lot on wages.

Would look to offload Walker (100k) and Furlong (free) to free up some wage space and get some cash in.

Then if we needed to raise a little more then Grant (250k) and Francis (1/200k) to make up the rest of the budget.

Final squad of

GK: Mildy, Joyce, Masters,
RB: Sankofa
LB: Harding/Richards, Herd
CB: Clarke, Barrett, Dervitte
RM: New player
LM: Richards?, Moussa
CM: Macca, Jeff, Sawyer
ST: Barney, Dougie, Sears/Robinson, Revs, Laurent

I'd be happy with that

With our spending power I can envisage:

A free transfer left back that no-one else wants
A last minute loan 19yr old centre back from West Ham, Spurs or Portsmouth

...and I think we're about done.

No doubt T&B will still get us near the play-offs.

In all our considerations of this question, and wages and the like, presumably if Clarke goes, probably for higher wages than we are currently paying him, then we have all or some of his wages to spend on whoever comes in - Dervitte, maybe (oink oink, flap flap), or at least a centre half who is COMMANDING and has decent league one or even CCC experience. Mind you the Dervitte effect shows that you do not necessarily need to have a lot of experience to come good. Just the talent.

And whilst they were with us, we were paying Dervitte, Harding, Robinson, Sawyer, Federici and Robson Kanu money for their services, even if their parent clubs were also paying some - is that the way it works?

For those who obviously have the inside track on players' wages, what difference does that make to our pulling power?

Is this the PNE Billy Jones or the Crew Billy Jones?

Billy Jones who plays for PNE used to play for Crewe. Or is there another one?

There's fullback Billy Jones who plays for PNE who used to play for Crewe, and fullback Billy Jones who used to play for Orient who now plays for Crewe. The latter is a realistic signing, and has come on leps and bounds in the six years since we released him (did a Kightley/McLean and dropped down to ome back up sorta-thing). Reckon he'd set you back a 6-figure fee.

Back