• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Dressing gowns!

Dressing gowns!

• Cool - buy one

Votes: 20 64.5%
  • Not bothered either way

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Totally poncey - save my money!

Votes: 6 19.4%

• Total voters

RobM

55 years as a supporter!⭐
My lady is a bit - well, posh. Recently I went to see her and she cooked a wonderful meal and apologised for not having ironed the tablecloth - that's swish in my book. Anyway I get moaned at (nicely) for not having a dressing gown! They sem a bit poncey to me, I really can't see the point of one - I wake up and get dressed for the day. So - are they a good item or totally naff?

I hate being awake and not dressed properly. How people can sit in dressing gowns/pyjamas till stupid times of the afternoon is beyond me.

I have a really nice black one that Mrs AS brought me about 2 years ago, i hardly ever wear it to be honest and the only use it really gets is when Mrs AS is cold of an evening and puts it over herself whilst watching TV.

Dressing Gowns are Cool!!!

Just taken mine off after a shower, now i'm changed and going to footy! C'mon u Blues!!!

I was glad I had mine when I was out in the garden at 6.45 this morning picking daffs! When you've got a belly ache, there's nothing better than slobbing around in a dressing gown.

Brilliant for slobbing when you're ill, and they save embarrassment when friends are over, but other than that I can't see why people get them.

I was glad I had mine when I was out in the garden at 6.45 this morning picking daffs! When you've got a belly ache, there's nothing better than slobbing around in a dressing gown.

I withdraw that statement and replace it with:

Bloody brilliant things when it's too hot for a jumper but too cold for much else.

It's not a belly ache for me, it's practically every ailments under the sodding sun.

I had one during my slobbing student days, but now I get up and jump straight in shower and get dressed.

Surely every English gent has his own dressing gown....?

I've got two. :cool:

I never used to like them until I started uni, now I can quite often be found wandering around in my dressing gown. I sometimes even pop into the SU bar wearing my dressing gown.

An early morning doss with a nice cup of tea and a bit of toast in your dressing gown helps ease the night before.

Well I succumbed. After she suggested a navy blue one would suit me (What a coincidence! Same as our home shirt!) I thought...why not then?
Thanks BHS!

Back