• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Drewe's off

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Oct. 14 2004,14:19)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Oct. 14 2004,13:46)]Bye Drewe.  Missing you about as much as a rimming from Graham Norton already.
Wow... you must be really missing him then.
To be missing it surely that means he's already had it at some point in the past?

A bit harsh on Drewe. He may never score another goal or play another minute for us, but the memory of him smashing the ball passed Simon Brown to send us to Cardiff will always make him a hero in my eyes.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (OlvisIII @ Oct. 14 2004,15:30)]A bit harsh on Drewe.  He may never score another goal or play another minute for us, but the memory of him smashing the ball passed Simon Brown to send us to Cardiff will always make him a hero in my eyes.
What is perhaps more interesting is whether including him in the line-up that faced Colchester over two legs would have made any difference to the scoreline over those two games?

What I mean is that if Drewe was not picked, another player would have been there to take his place and thus the goals we got on those historic occasions would still have been scored... are you with me?

Bottom line... yes, be thankful Drewe scored the goals that got us to Cardiff, but that's as special as he gets in my view!
wink.gif

Good luck to him. Hope he does something there and that the fans appreciate what he can bring to a team, rather than what he can't

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ Oct. 14 2004,16:40)]What I mean is that if Drewe was not picked, another player would have been there to take his place and thus the goals we got on those historic occasions would still have been scored... are you with me?
You could say that about any goal ever scored!

Nobody remember Bury? Is that the same scenario then?

Drewe will always be welcomed back in my view. I'll still remember his name in 20 years like Benji, probably won't be able to remember half the other strikers we have got here at the moment though.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ Oct. 14 2004,15:46)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ Oct. 14 2004,16:40)]What I mean is that if Drewe was not picked, another player would have been there to take his place and thus the goals we got on those historic occasions would still have been scored... are you with me?
You could say that about any goal ever scored!
Indeed you could...

Just as you could say that had Drewe played in each game this season, he could be top scorer by now? It's all subjective!

wink.gif

I thought this was a family board ?
biggrin.gif

Bye Drewe, good luck and fingers crossed Rushden will keep you.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ Oct. 14 2004,17:15)]I thought this was a family board ?
biggrin.gif

He is one player I will always keep an eye on hoping he does well.

If he does not come back to us, or indeed does on New Years Day against us I certainly will not boo him. Indeed its one player I hope comes back to haunt us by scoring a hat-trick. He deserves better treatment than the abysmal treatment he has received during his time here (that’s not aimed at anything on this thread) considering all the hard work he has done for this club without any thanks.

Einstein

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ Oct. 14 2004,16:40)]Bottom line... yes, be thankful Drewe scored the goals that got us to Cardiff, but that's as special as he gets in my view!  
wink.gif
Bottom Bottom Line.....  Then be very unthankful that he chose the day of the LDV Final to look like a complete d*ckhead by wearing white boots, which should be banned from use by any player on under £1,000,000 a week, thereby guaranteeing that we would not win.  
tounge.gif
 As with the many irrational likes & dislikes of the average football fan, I cannot forgive him for that!  
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ Oct. 14 2004,17:24)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ Oct. 14 2004,17:15)]I thought this was a family board ?
biggrin.gif

He is one player I will always keep an eye on hoping he does well.

If he does not come back to us, or indeed does on New Years Day against us I certainly will not boo him. Indeed its one player I hope comes back to haunt us by scoring a hat-trick. He deserves better treatment than the abysmal treatment he has received during his time here (that’s not aimed at anything on this thread) considering all the hard work he has done for this club without any thanks.

Einstein
I would certainly give him a warm welcome, at the end of the day his put in a large amount of effort whilst at the club however i don't believe he has the skill to cut it.

Best of luck to him though.

Good Luck Drewe. Hope U Do well and come bk here and do the same.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ Oct. 14 2004,16:46)]probably won't be able to remember half the other strikers we have got here at the moment though.
I agree.

Many players come and go, but it is only a handful that get remembered eg Neville Roach, Dominic Iorfa, Graeme Jones.

ps Good luck Drewe. I hope you make a good impression at Rushden.

ill miss drew, totally commited for the cause (wish i could say that about some of the others) however, was not really a success here. but given the right man next to him in the box i feel he could still do a good job for the rushes. hope tilly has a clause to say he cant play in cup games, with our small squad we may need him

With Tes' injury, as well as Dudfield seemingly out for a few weeks, he might be back sooner rather than later!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ Oct. 14 2004,16:46)]Drewe will always be welcomed back in my view. I'll still remember his name in 20 years like Benji, probably won't be able to remember half the other strikers we have got here at the moment though.
Spot on.

Drewe is a cult (Yes its a l not an n) figure and for me will always be welcome at the hall for taking us to Cardiff.

Drrrreeeeewwwwweeeee good luck

Back