• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Drewe's off

Im quite sad to see Drewe leave, always gave 110% and had some exceptional games for us ,which will be remembered for ever!

I wont be suprised if he does leave us either after his loan or end of his contract as hes 4th choice striker really now behind gray,tes and lawrie and i cant see tilly offering new contracts too tes,lawrie and drewe.

However it does leave us a bit short of fowards with only gray and eastwood available on saturday.Plus corbett i suppose too.

Best of luck to Drewenaldo, hope he has a fantastic loan spell and comes back to the Hall and in the side. Always gives 100%, is commited to the cause, wins his flick ons, brings others into play and holds the ball up well. Plus he wears sweat bands.

ASHRIMPER, he's not leaving forever.

What on earth do Rushden want him for? They could easily get a better striker than that on loan, good luck to him though. Hopefully Eastwood will start on Saturday now.

I wish him every luck and hope that he is so sucessful in his loan spelly with Rushden that Ernie Tippett offers him a 5 year deal and the only time I ever have to witness him is on a once a year visit to the Hall.

Apart from comitment which I cannot knock at all he offers nothing and his hopeful departure will clear the way for Eastwood or whoever it may be to join the blues and add some real comptiton up front...

DtS

It's only a trial seperation. I still love Drewe.
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Oct. 15 2004,00:37)]I wish him every luck and hope that he is so sucessful in his loan spelly with Rushden that Ernie Tippett offers him a 5 year deal and the only time I ever have to witness him is on a once a year visit to the Hall.
As I said before, hopefully to score a hat-trick and shut up all his doubters.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpboy @ Oct. 14 2004,20:59)]What on earth do Rushden want him for? They could easily get a better striker than that on loan,
Name one striker that is available to loan for Rushden then thats better?

What will we do, now we've lost big 'ol Drewe
 A 9 carat legend for sure
If there's one thing you know, when he's bearing on goal
 That old fool he 'aint goner score

When the teams passing neat, nice and crisply to feet
 You can bet our man Drewe's not been picked
If there keeping it high every pass in the sky
 Drewe's name on the team sheets been ticked

If it's effort you seek and not skill with the feet
 That man Broughton is second to none
If your looking for goals, he don't get none of those
 You'd be better off signing my mum

So best of luck Drewe it's now over to you
 Show your new team what they lack
And if you do great then be a good mate
 Keep your arse there, please don't come back

it said in the echo in gowers weekly article that kights is 18 now and always hangs round with drewe. Like dudfield with maher. That it could be time to start speaking to others. Drewe was kights mentor.

Drewe is an inspiration, great team player and great bloke!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ Oct. 15 2004,11:27)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpboy @ Oct. 14 2004,20:59)]What on earth do Rushden want him for? They could easily get a better striker than that on loan,
Fredy Eastwood.

Ooooopppps, I see he's not at Grays at the moment. Where is he?

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Oct. 15 2004,12:33)]
[b said:
[b said:
Fredy Eastwood.

rock.gif
Constantine

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ Oct. 15 2004,13:27)]Drewe was kights mentor.
Does that explain why Kightly hasn't progressed in the last year?

A year ago he was supposedly on the verge of great things, now he is on the verge of being dropped from the bench in favour of TV's very own Terry Alderton.

Is there any player you do like, Matt? Cos you seem to slag off a few of them......
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ Oct. 15 2004,13:36)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
Fredy Eastwood.

rock.gif
Constantine
Watch your language.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (West Country Shrimper @ Oct. 15 2004,13:48)]Is there any player you do like, Matt? Cos you seem to slag off a few of them......
rock.gif
I think far more damning than my comments is the league table. I don't expect promotion but a top half finish every now and then would be welcome.

The players I criticise have had plenty of opportunity to prove themselves, and have been found to be not up to the task.

Fortunately we appear to be moving in the right direction and obvious weak links such as Broughton and Flahavan are being eased out of the first team.

There is always going to be areas which can be improved, and top of Tilly's priorities I'd have thought now would be a recognised left-back and a midfielder to cover Bentley's suspension and Smith's on-going injury woes.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Oct. 15 2004,13:31)]a midfielder to cover Bentley's suspension and Smith's on-going injury woes.
Why? Lewis Hunt will do IMO. Before Darryl got sent off on Friday, we were ripping Boston apart, and Hunt and Maher were fine in the middle. Plus Bentley is only suspeneded for two more games, meaning he'll be back next Saturday.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ Oct. 15 2004,13:36)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
Fredy Eastwood.

rock.gif
Constantine
Constantine?

Yup, he's banging them in this season!

At least they will get 110% work-rate out of Drewe and probably appreciate his all round game more than most of the Southend fans.

If you do not get goals out of Constantine then you get absolutely nothing.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (chadded @ Oct. 15 2004,14:35)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Oct. 15 2004,13:31)]a midfielder to cover Bentley's suspension and Smith's on-going injury woes.
Why? Lewis Hunt will do IMO. Before Darryl got sent off on Friday, we were ripping Boston apart, and Hunt and Maher were fine in the middle. Plus Bentley is only suspeneded for two more games, meaning he'll be back next Saturday.
Firstly Boston are dire. Its no real feat to outplay their midfield, Swansea will be a much harder test. I don't think Hunt and Maher will be able to dominate against them.

Secondly we need options on the bench. What happens if Hunt or Maher gets injured? What if we want to introduce a fresh pair of legs into the engine room to liven things up?

Pettefer may be an option, but in that case we need someone to take Pettefer's position on the right-wing.

By my maths we only have 14 available outfield players.

Back