• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Drewe's off

Andy_S

Member of the Barry Corr Fan Club
Could benefit us I suppose. As long as he plays!

Soccer: Drewe to polish up Diamonds

Brought to you by the Evening Echo

Southend United striker Drewe Broughton will today sign for Rushden and Diamonds on a month's loan.

The 25-year-old forward has struggled to force his way into the Seasiders' starting line up this season and is hoping his short stint at Nene Park can kick-start his campaign.

"It's been hard to get into the team at Southend and I'm going there to get some games to improve my sharpness," said Broughton.

Mixed feelings about this one - good that he seems to think that he is coming back, but good if he does well and stays at R&D's, then his probably considerable wage could pay for another striker.....
rock.gif

Drewe will always be known as the man who scored the goal that got us to Cardiff, if nothing else.
cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ Oct. 14 2004,14:00)]....and if he stays he'll be back at Roots Hall on the first day of 2005 no doubt to curse us with the ex-striker woe. (except Danny Webb of course)
Hopefully not as we will be in different division's, us in div 1 them in div2
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimper magic @ Oct. 14 2004,14:02)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ Oct. 14 2004,14:00)]....and if he stays he'll be back at Roots Hall on the first day of 2005 no doubt to curse us with the ex-striker woe. (except Danny Webb of course)
biggrin.gif
...is it the twighlight zone or shrimperzone?
rock.gif

cool.gif

...on jan 1st 2005 sir ........where will we be?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimper magic @ Oct. 14 2004,14:02)]
[b said:
biggrin.gif
Yeah, it would be nice if the footy league promoted us half way through the season, but somehow I doubt it
biggrin.gif

Oh dear! what is Tilson thinking?
sad.gif

How are we going to score goals now, without the big man up front?
wink.gif

Interestingly, RnD have also taken Wolves striker Gary Mulligan on loan.

Diamonds

cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ Oct. 14 2004,13:19)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Oct. 14 2004,13:46)]Bye Drewe. Missing you about as much as a rimming from Graham Norton already.
laugh.gif
couldn't have put it better myself
I must admitted that was very funny, ORM ...

*and no Steve, im not butt-licking to get back into the team, i dont need to ...*

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Oct. 14 2004,14:25)]
[b said:
[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Oct. 14 2004,13:46)]Bye Drewe.  Missing you about as much as a rimming from The General already.
laugh.gif

*and no Steve, im not butt-licking to get back into the team, i dont need to ...*

tounge.gif
Oh my god - thanks for pointing it out Kev! I knew there was something wrong with the original sentence...  
tounge.gif

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ Oct. 14 2004,13:27)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Oct. 14 2004,14:25)]
[b said:
[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Oct. 14 2004,13:46)]SPIFF'S A W*NKER. Bye Drewe. Missing you about as much as a rimming from The General already.
laugh.gif

tounge.gif
Oh my god - thanks for pointing it out Kev! I knew there was something wrong with the original sentence...
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif
Look who's learnt to edit quoted posts ...

Kev

rock.gif
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ Oct. 14 2004,13:14)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ Oct. 14 2004,13:09)]...on jan 1st 2005 sir ........where will we be?
Do any of us really know?
I know where I'll be - slumped in a gutter with a stinking rotten hangover and very limited memory of the night before. It's the same after every New Years Eve and I wouldn't have it any other way  
tounge.gif

this type of move would normally result in him making a permanent move but i hope that he does well and tilly brings him back and gives him a chance.

Back