• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Drewe Broughton

Probably an unpopular opinion but this just seems to reflect how he was when he was playing, thought he was better than everyone else when he wasn't. He always came across as lazy and arrogant and I think he does again here, but adding the mental health part means he is "brave".

Probably an unpopular opinion but this just seems to reflect how he was when he was playing, thought he was better than everyone else when he wasn't. He always came across as lazy and arrogant and I think he does again here, but adding the mental health part means he is "brave".

Hence the white boots.

One of the nicest players, I have ever met on and off the pitch, very sad to hear another person suffering from this awlful illness and hope he can become a good ambassador for Mental Health

Never saw him as lazy in fact the reverse a player who gave his all, but maybe not the most gifted in the game, but then there are many in the game who make a living

All the best Drewe

Good old Drewe...Quite clearly has a lot more innate intelligence than ever he did as a pro sportsman so good luck to him...Good work

I remember they were good mates , in fact they called themselves Batman and Robin coz they used to knock about together.

I bumped into a crest fallen young Kights who had just been refused entry coz of his age to a nightclub in Chelmsford that i was going into. Luckily i knew the bouncer so got him in + he bought me a beer ( Kights, just broken into our 1st team was on soft drinks)
When I told him that i had a £20 bet with a mate that Kights would score more goals for us than Drewe that season , Kights was amazed i had that much confidence in him ( I lost the bet !!! )

Apologies if already posted, but Drewe will be at the Hall on Jan 22nd v Luton signing his new book and meeting fans

Mine came very quick via his web page ( Yes I am emailing about the book, before any lewd comments ):Thumbs up:

FORMER Southend United striker Drewe Broughton is revelling in his role helping footballers to avoid suffering the self-doubt which hindered his own career.

More...

Has now left Mansfield after the arrival of Graham Coughlan and Joe Dunne.

Back