• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Drink driving

There really is some guff on here about sentencing in this case. Rest assured he will be clobbered like anyone else who is way over the limit if that transpires to be fact. No clever legal representative can alter hard results evidence.

It won't really affect him. He can afford to employ a full -time chauffeur. And the fine? Oh it'll be a few hundred.

It won't really affect him. He can afford to employ a full -time chauffeur. And the fine? Oh it'll be a few hundred.

Why wasn't he using one before the offence. Its not as if he couldn't afford a cab etc. No excuses, even if he is a celeb so what, in his financial position it makes it worse.

He will have a very expensive lawyer who'll be waiting for the overstretched CPS to slip up.

I would like to see the crown 'settle the matter out of court'

I am happy to take the case pro bono should Ant ever darken the door of Porters. If he wants to bring Dec along as a character witness I will raise no objection. If he wants to retain Vernon Kaye as counsel I am happy to take the ****ing three of them on.

There really is some guff on here about sentencing in this case. Rest assured he will be clobbered like anyone else who is way over the limit if that transpires to be fact. No clever legal representative can alter hard results evidence.

And nor should he be treated any differently.

I would expect it to be rather more than that.

Let me be clear that a charge of drink driving three times over the limit deserves the correct punishment, regardless of who it is. My biggest issue surrounding this whole case is with his treatment in the press, on social media and so on. Any ordinary "Joe Bloggs" who was arrested for being three times over and crashing as Ant did would not have the same interest in the public eye and the case would have barely registered in local press - this is of course, totally different to Ant's where it's been splashed all over the press and social media since it happened and where press are camped outside the houses of all those involved.

At the root of all of this though, is still the problem surrounding addiction and reliance on medication, the fertility problems between himself and his wife and the resultant breakdown of his marriage. I'm sorry but I can't help but have sympathy for him.

Hey Chaps!

I'm not a violent man, nor do I have anything against this 'Ant'. Or ants. Ants are a fairly intelligent and sociable creature that do a great deal of good for nature. What's not to like?

In any case, the fairest way to deal with this 'Ant' and his drink driving is as follows: -

Smash all his cars up, chop the ****s hands off and then kick him into a coma. Film it. Send the video footage to his wife/ kids/ parents etc. When the frigger awakes from his coma, inform him all his belongings have been destroyed and his member has been removed. Give him a week to process this information then throw him into the sea.

Toodle Pip!

Hey Chaps!

I'm not a violent man, nor do I have anything against this 'Ant'. Or ants. Ants are a fairly intelligent and sociable creature that do a great deal of good for nature. What's not to like?

In any case, the fairest way to deal with this 'Ant' and his drink driving is as follows: -

Smash all his cars up, chop the ****s hands off and then kick him into a coma. Film it. Send the video footage to his wife/ kids/ parents etc. When the frigger awakes from his coma, inform him all his belongings have been destroyed and his member has been removed. Give him a week to process this information then throw him into the sea.

Toodle Pip!

I think that's fair

And nor should he be treated any differently.

I would expect it to be rather more than that.

Let me be clear that a charge of drink driving three times over the limit deserves the correct punishment, regardless of who it is. My biggest issue surrounding this whole case is with his treatment in the press, on social media and so on. Any ordinary "Joe Bloggs" who was arrested for being three times over and crashing as Ant did would not have the same interest in the public eye and the case would have barely registered in local press - this is of course, totally different to Ant's where it's been splashed all over the press and social media since it happened and where press are camped outside the houses of all those involved.

At the root of all of this though, is still the problem surrounding addiction and reliance on medication, the fertility problems between himself and his wife and the resultant breakdown of his marriage. I'm sorry but I can't help but have sympathy for him.

If you are in the public eye, you need to be whiter than white. You will be in the public eye for the good and the bad. In this case, it's the bad

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but came here to say I find it incredibly strange and possibly egomaniacal, that a multi-millionaire would drive whilst intoxicated, instead of paying for a taxi, which of course would be an incredibly minimal fee.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but came here to say I find it incredibly strange and possibly egomaniacal, that a multi-millionaire would drive whilst intoxicated, instead of paying for a taxi, which of course would be an incredibly minimal fee.
Have to agree and to make matters worse you have your Mother as a passenger!

£86K fine and a 20 month ban.

Expect to see him back on telly in November/December when that jungle bollox is back on.

Fair outcome, now perhaps he can be left alone to sort himself out? Fat chance unfortunately.

He's fair game, he and his equally talentless side-kick never shy away from publicity when it suits them - it works both way. If he wants time to himself then he should quite simply stop his publicist / pr team speaking to the media.

I don't think that is fair, he could have chucked in any amount of excuses but chose to take it on his chin, and I hope the Public appreciate that. Having said that, the Trolls will probably do their best to make sure he suffers as much as possible. That seems the 'way to go' nowadays. Sad.

He could hardly do different could he having been caught bang to rights. Pretty certain his solictior would have instructed him well on the (limited) options open to him and whether chucking in excuses would be of any benefit....or not.

Don't want this to run on and on but surely his very public issues with drink and drugs and rehabilitation could have been hugely played upon, despite him being bang to rights as you rightly point out. His total acceptance and apparent contrition is laudable in my book. Depends on your take on life I suppose. I prefer to think positively of his stance rather than plain cynical.

Back