• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Drinking on a school night...

Slipperduke

The Camden Cad
I feel absolutely terrible.

I'm slugging away at water, but it's just vanishing on contact with my dehydrated system.

Sugary tea is only exacerbating the acrid, supulchral taste in my mouth.

I had a Sausage & Egg McMuffin, which may have been pushing my luck. I keep hearing a gurgling from down below. Either there's some pretty big rats in the basement, or I'm about to be sick.

I don't want to be sick.

A number of questions are ambling through my head like strangers in a ghost-town.

Why did I switch from red wine to Strongbow and then to gin?

Why didn't I answer the question, "Shall we go on to a club?" with a clear, "No."?

Just what do I have to do to get rid of this hangover?

Anyone got any magical cures?

start drinking again, I recommend at a home SUFC match...................
biggrin.gif

Red wine, Strongbow then gin?!?! You deserve to be ill....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ Oct. 13 2006,11:37)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Slipperduke @ Oct. 13 2006,11:35)]Roger that Squadron Leader.
Bleedin' Nora! No wonder Douglas Bader lost his legs, with his arse to the floor there was never, ever, any prospect that he would be subject to the Officers' Mess Initiation Ceremony.
laugh.gif

My tip would be to buy some Glutamine and some Dyralite. Dyralite is for the dehydration whereas Glutamine has been clinically proven to work on hangovers - scientists have said so and all sorts. It's naturally found in potatoes I think and available at health food shops in the muscle building section. I keep a tub of it around for the kind of day you seem to be going through.

Otherwise, check out:

TIPS FOR ****HEADS

...for a few other opinions. Hang in there buddy!
wink.gif

Many thanks for all the tips. Sadly, I've been too lazy to do anything other than slump.

I'm through the sickness though, and into grouchy tiredness. I've just upset Mrs Slipperduke by telling her that I hate Christmas.

This could be a long and ultimately costly day.

The only scientifically proven method of dealing with a hangover is the Full English and then back on the beers as soon as possible.

My tip for drinking on a school night is however to ensure that you are still ****ed the next morning. Once you have gone past 1am there is little to be gained by returning home "early" for some sleep. Instead continue drinking until 5 hours before you are due to be in work the next day.

Don't ease up on the drinking as the night winds down (as sobering up is what causes hangovers) and ensure that the night is rounded off with a couple of quick spirits "for the road".

Sleep 4 hours (you naturally sleep in batches of 4 hours, so its a lot easier to wake up after 4 hours than 5), quickly stand under a hot shower before heading into work. You won't be feeling hungover as you will still be tipsy. As the morning draws on you will start to sober up. Sip water to rehydrate and the constant trips to the water cooler will trick people into thinking you are busy. As you will still be ****ed when you first get in you will be surprisingly cheerful and people don't associate cheerfulness with a heavy night so this diverts suspicion.

Using this method works well until about 11am by which time you will have sobered up sufficiently to have a hangover (which you would have had if you had gone home "early" anyway). You now have to hang in there for an hour before you take an early lunch. At lunch a greasy spoon cafe for a fry-up is in order and this should keep you going for a few more hours before you can slip off home early.

Obviously adopting this method isn't particularly productive workwise, but being ****ed at work is actually more productive than being hungover at work and if you've just had a heavy session you are hardly going to be productive anyway.

I like the cut of your gib, Hong Kong Blue.

All seems to have passed over now. A bag of chips and a can of Ginger Beer was the turning point.

Now, just three hours until I start again!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Oct. 13 2006,13:02)]My tip for drinking on a school night is however to ensure that you are still ****ed the next morning.
No, No and No...

Just started Uni. Went out one Monday night and didnt get back till 5:30... had 3 Hours sleep and was in Lectures at 9am, Dead to the World.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (EastStandBlue @ Oct. 13 2006,14:57)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Oct. 13 2006,13:02)]My tip for drinking on a school night is however to ensure that you are still ****ed the next morning.
No, No and No...

Just started Uni. Went out one Monday night and didnt get back till 5:30... had 3 Hours sleep and was in Lectures at 9am, Dead to the World.
You appear not to have read on, you needed to pip the 4 hour mark, there is your key!!

I struggle not to be dead to the world in lectures with 10 hours sleep!!

Its life!!

Loved the HKB post - I've tried out this "technique" many times, particularly when I was working in The City and Thursday was the new Friday. It makes for a hilarious morning if you're still with the mates you were out with but if you have anything more important to do than loll around in your chair cracking a few funnies and being overtly suggestive towards the admin department than I would give it a swerve. By about 11am it's not funny any more and you're looking for a cupboard to go and sleep in.....:(

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper2thecore @ Oct. 13 2006,15:10)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (EastStandBlue @ Oct. 13 2006,14:57)]
[b said:
No, No and No...

You appear not to have read on, you needed to pip the 4 hour mark, there is your key!!

I struggle not to be dead to the world in lectures with 10 hours sleep!!

Its life!!
Less than 4 hours sleep is pointless. You will just feel tired.

I also use to sleep 10 hours as a student and wondered why I was more tired than after 8 hours sleep - its that 4 hours thing. Try 12 hours sleep instead.

I like to think of my student years as storing sleep up like a squirrel would store nuts.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smudger @ Oct. 13 2006,15:11)]Loved the HKB post - I've tried out this "technique" many times, particularly when I was working in The City and Thursday was the new Friday. It makes for a hilarious morning if you're still with the mates you were out with but if you have anything more important to do than loll around in your chair cracking a few funnies and being overtly suggestive towards the admin department than I would give it a swerve. By about 11am it's not funny any more and you're looking for a cupboard to go and sleep in.....:(
Agreed. If you have anything remotely important to do avoid midweek sessions entirely.

Having said that, I find that a mild hangover can be quite good for encouraging you to concentrate on a single mundane task: its better to think about work than that pain in your head.

A couple of Friday's ago I turned up for work at 06:30 having been on the beer from 18:00 until 04:30, and on a girl for a little while after. Headed straight for work, spent six gloriously unproductive hours drinking water, eating bacon and trying not to fall asleep before sodding off home and watching the Ryder Cup. Sleep is for the weak.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Slipperduke @ Oct. 13 2006,13:01)]Many thanks for all the tips. Sadly, I've been too lazy to do anything other than slump.

I'm through the sickness though, and into grouchy tiredness. I've just upset Mrs Slipperduke by telling her that I hate Christmas.

This could be a long and ultimately costly day.
That is a bad hangover when you turn into the grinch.

I wish I spotted this thread earlier as I'm still suffering from last night. Far too much Stella, and I vaguely remember some shots being necked. Not good. It seemed the natural thing to do after a defeat...

sad.gif

Back