• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

superblue24

Director
My Dad once told me when I was very young "The main thing to remember when you're old enough to drive is to treat everyone on the road like they are an idiot". I've been driving now for 16 years and I would pass that same advice on to others in a minute. I wanted to vent my ongoing frustration with a particular scenario I find myself in regularly when I travel back and forth along the A12 to Ipswich for family visits (for the wife).

OK, So I'm going (let's say :winking:) 70 mph down the fast lane, and the average slow lane speed is 60mph for the purpose of this example. I am approaching a vehicle moving along the slow lane at said speed and despite there being NO TRAFFIC behind me whatsoever, the moment I get about 15 metres from my front bumper drawing level with his\her rear bumper, the car in the slow lane decides to start indicating to move out into the fast lane?? Why oh why do people do this?!? It has to be my number one annoyance of other motorists.....Can't they just wait an extra 20 seconds until I've passed and move into the now empty fast lane.....It's "check mirrors, indicate, check mirrors again, then move out", not "indicate, check mirrors, move out" (or in the case of White Van Drivers "indicate, move out").....

Let's hear those motoring annoyances and stories!........

Probably because its not used just to overtake.

My bug bear is 60mph middle lane drivers. If you arent moving faster than the slow lane move over grandma.

Probably because its not used just to overtake.

My bug bear is 60mph middle lane drivers. If you arent moving faster than the slow lane move over grandma.
Not that many grandmas that I see doing this, more like men of any age!

My bugbear is just simply inconsiderate drivers, that can be those who don't know what those lights that blink on the side of the car are for, those who think it's ok to drive 2 feet from your bumper even though you are driving at the legal speed limit, those who use their mobile phones while driving (I still see at least half a dozen people a day doing this), 4 by 4 drivers who think they own the road and people lane hopping to over (under) take!

Ah tailgaters, they definitely win the prize.

Love it when you are in heavy traffic and doing the same speed as everyone else and someone comes up expecting you to move over even though theres no where for him to go after. Its like they expect everyone to pull over so they can drive as fast as they like.

Ah tailgaters, they definitely win the prize.

Love it when you are in heavy traffic and doing the same speed as everyone else and someone comes up expecting you to move over even though theres no where for him to go after. Its like they expect everyone to pull over so they can drive as fast as they like.
Exactly! We were doing 70 along the A13 yesterday, passing slower traffic in the "overtaking" lane :winking: and this whacking great 4x4 (obviously bloke has a small penis!) roars up behind, flashing us to move over. Then went hacking off cutting in across three lanes of traffic to make the Lakeside turn off!

The amount of people who drive on their mobile phone in Oz is staggering. I reckon 1 in 4 people do it and that would be a low estimate. Drivers here are awful. And very very rude.

Exactly! We were doing 70 along the A13 yesterday, passing slower traffic in the "overtaking" lane :winking: and this whacking great 4x4 (obviously bloke has a small penis!) roars up behind, flashing us to move over. Then went hacking off cutting in across three lanes of traffic to make the Lakeside turn off!

No he is just more successful and has more money - get over it hes done better

People not indicating at roundabouts (there's a few up here as you can imagine :winking:) meaning you have to be psychic to guess where they're going. When I drove a NR van I felt the urge to drive into them.

****ING INDICATE!

That reminds me of another massive annoyance.....

So you're driving along in the "overtaking lane", the traffic ahead of you is moving slowly and gaps start appearing in the "driving lanes"......Some idiot comes up behind you and undertakes you and about three cars ahead of you and then slips back into the "overtaking lane" ahead of you.....That is so annoying and tantamount to queue jumping..... :angry::angry::angry:

People not indicating at roundabouts (there's a few up here as you can imagine :winking:) meaning you have to be psychic to guess where they're going. When I drove a NR van I felt the urge to drive into them.

****ING INDICATE!

Could say that about most drivers and situations actually. The amount of times I've nearly gotten caught in the road by some moronic ******* that doesn't seem to know how to indicate, GAH!

my everlasting moan is people just drive too fast. Especially on the A12 and more often than not in a white van. Is there a sign at the beginning saying it is compulsory to drive like a maniac and disregard all the highwaty code on this road. I think there is.
It's only a matter of time until the speed limit is cut to 50 with average speed cameras and it can't come too quickly.

my everlasting moan is people just drive too fast. Especially on the A12 and more often than not in a white van. Is there a sign at the beginning saying it is compulsory to drive like a maniac and disregard all the highwaty code on this road. I think there is.
It's only a matter of time until the speed limit is cut to 50 with average speed cameras and it can't come too quickly.

I remember John Peel on Room 101 who purposely avoided driving through Essex on his way home to Norfolk from London.

Not sure about that one.....It takes long enough to get to Ipsh*te as it is!

Well there seems to be plenty of sensible drivers on here and no one saying "I tailgate" or "I cut in queues".

So where do all these idiots come from !?:smile:

Back