• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Driving. What annoys you?

No, it's just a visibility issue. The problem with fog lights is that they are more intense than brake lights, so people get mesmerised by them, and also don't see your brake lights go on.

I meant front fogs though, not the back ones (they DO only go on in the fog!) :p

Driving.

There, that's it. It annoys me because I hate it although it is very useful. There are just too many ignoramuses, arrogant a***holes and general prats on the road for me to get pleasure out of driving. It's a means to an end and that's it.

That and the fact that I get annoyed every time I have to park because I'm bl**dy crap at it! In my defence this has a lot to do with the fact the car's so bloomin' wide and invariably parking spaces are not.

Men who think it is OK to drive recklessly because they watch Top Gear.

People who lack confidence at junctions, roundabouts etc. and therefore should not be on the road.

Men who think it is OK to drive recklessly because they watch Top Gear.

People who lack confidence at junctions, roundabouts etc. and therefore should not be on the road.

I can’t say that i have never broken the speed limit but i do think as people get older they get safer on the road.....this is not a sweeping statement just an opinion

Last edited:
1) When you're on a two lane motorway/Dual carriageway and you get stuck behind a lorry overtaking another and clearly going no faster.

2) When you're in the outside lane for a valid reason (i.e. over-taking) and someone races up behind you flashing their lights, particularly when you're already exceeding 70mph yourself. I always give them a nice flash of the brake lights back.

3) People not saying thank you when you give way for them when one side of the road is blocked.

4) Similar to the above, when you're going past (for example parked cars) on the side of the road not obstructed and a car coming the opposite way also decides to drive down there despite clearly seeing that you're already doing so. I live in the same road as a School where there's often cars parked on one side and mother's are particularly guilty of this.

Oh and yesterday I'm stuck behind someone doing 30mph in a national speed limit on a stretch of road where you really should be doing 55-60mph (Being night time, I'm wary of over-taking) and then they get into a 40mph zone and they speed up to 50!!!

Joined by people who "don't do motorways". If you can't drive on a motorway, you can't drive. Get the train.

I hate Motorways with a vengeance..If there is a nicer more tranquil route to take than mixing it up with the mad people that drive on them ...that's for me ta muchly :)

I hate Motorways with a vengeance..If there is a nicer more tranquil route to take than mixing it up with the mad people that drive on them ...thats for me ta muchly :)

Motorway.......can not remember what they are....only rural roads up here....

To get to my closest Motorway i would have to drive 120 miles

Last edited:
People who use their foglights when it's raining or dull. They are not auxilliary lights. They are fog lights, and should only be used when it is foggy. Last time I checked, spray from other cars does not constitute fog. :p

Hear, hear. String the b'stards up!

:finger:

Actually, I'm not too fussed about front fog lights, but people who drive around with their rear fog lights on all the time should be taken out of their cars and shot.

:guns:

Back