• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Driving. What annoys you?

People with those Halogen bulbs that look a bit like rapidly approaching flashing police lights at night.

I hate Motorways with a vengeance..If there is a nicer more tranquil route to take than mixing it up with the mad people that drive on them ...that's for me ta muchly :)

I was more thinking of people who refuse to drive on motorways as they're scared. A couple of my Mum's friends have this attitude.

I personally don't mind them, plus taking the M25 to get towards Essex is far better for me than the North Circ, even if it is 20 miles further...

People with those Halogen bulbs that look a bit like rapidly approaching flashing police lights at night.

I really like them actually!
Mostly BMW's or Range Rovers with the violet shade of headlamp!
Going to try & upgrade my bulbs to this kind actually!

I was more thinking of people who refuse to drive on motorways as they're scared. A couple of my Mum's friends have this attitude.

I personally don't mind them, plus taking the M25 to get towards Essex is far better for me than the North Circ, even if it is 20 miles further...

My sister's like this. She won't use the A127 either and to get to Lakeside, drives from Canvey on the old Pitsea road up to 5 Bells, joins the A13 to Stanford and then the old A13! This is despite the fact that her husband drives them into town every day so she uses all those roads regularly just won't drive on them herself.

Well I suppose in fairness they do scare me a bit...my route from here to Braintree most day's is through Rayleigh along the old A130..through to Chelmsford town down the back way along regiment way therefore avoiding the A127 new A130 and A12 completely...I also hate going over that horrible Dartford bridge, have never been to Bluewater or doubt I ever will..it used to be a free for all in London taking over from Paris etc ...now it seems the drivers (Everyone of them seems to think they know best) of our overused cramped roads in this country think that they own the roads and sod everybody else on them. There is no courtesy and most are just frantically chasing somewhere to keep up with the rat race we live in now.

My sister's like this. She won't use the A127 either and to get to Lakeside, drives from Canvey on the old Pitsea road up to 5 Bells, joins the A13 to Stanford and then the old A13! This is despite the fact that her husband drives them into town every day so she uses all those roads regularly just won't drive on them herself.

There are some really safe drivers on "A" and "B" roads that are just not as confident/comfortable as others at higher speeds and if they choose to avoid motorways making the motorway possibly safer then i am all for that.

Your sister has some sense ...nice and quiet...I concur with her attitude totally.

No, think I'd know if he was my bruv-in-law!

And just WHAT are you insinuating?

You have forgot the obvious one ...

Motorbikes!!

** waits for Firestorm to read the thread **

:hilarious:

Motorbikes!!

I have to totally agree, not all of them though but the ones that slice down the middle and get the hump with you if you don’t move out of there way and let them through or in Aberdeen the ones that fly down the bus lane......I might not have the best eyesight but i ken the difference between a bus and a motorbike. Why do they think that they are so special that they can use the bus lane??

Trouble is that is is the few that do this give all the other bikers a bad name

Motorbikes!!

Ooooooh yes my pet hate round here are those that think the Burnham Road is actually Donnington or the Isle of Man TT!!!! If thats what you crave then s0d off to either....dont race your bikes round here....:fury:

Back