• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Driving. What annoys you?

Trucks have speed limiters on them..thats why its takes them so long to overtake. I have never had the joy of driving a 38 tonner on Britains motorways but im sure if any of us did we would have a slighty different outlook of what its like to handle one of these things while prats buzz around them in their over powered puegots thinking they are James hunt..

Drivers who don't know the laws of the road or their Highway code.

Now I am not saying I don't speed (but generally its when its relatively safer) but its the things which seem trivial but can be dangerous.
Parking facing oncoming traffic , at night, and laving your headlights on.
Parking on Zig Zag Zones
Double Yellows are there for a safety reason , not just to make you walk 20 yards further to the Newsagent.
You should always drive on the left and that includes multi lane roads (unless approaching a junction or overtaking)

And People who refer to Dual Carriageways as Motorways .....

People who don't use their mirrors (or if they do they don't actually notice whats behind)

As for motorbikes undertaking, those who weave at high speeds changing lanes frequently are an absolute menace, whipping round a car after you have sat behind them a while and they have not moved over is a lot safer on a bike than in a car (as the bike generally will accelerate twice as quick at 60)

Drivers who don't know the laws of the road or their Highway code.

Now I am not saying I don't speed (but generally its when its relatively safer) but its the things which seem trivial but can be dangerous.
Parking facing oncoming traffic , at night, and laving your headlights on.
Parking on Zig Zag Zones
Double Yellows are there for a safety reason , not just to make you walk 20 yards further to the Newsagent.
You should always drive on the left and that includes multi lane roads (unless approaching a junction or overtaking)

And People who refer to Dual Carriageways as Motorways .....

People who don't use their mirrors (or if they do they don't actually notice whats behind)

As for motorbikes undertaking, those who weave at high speeds changing lanes frequently are an absolute menace, whipping round a car after you have sat behind them a while and they have not moved over is a lot safer on a bike than in a car (as the bike generally will accelerate twice as quick at 60)

Someone once told me that parking on Zig Zag markings can incur 3 point on your licences....don’t know how true it is

Taxi drivers! They think they own roads and can park or stop anywhere, even in the middle of the road.

Taxi drivers! They think they own roads and can park or stop anywhere, even in the middle of the road.

Spot on mate.......Do they think that they have different rules when it comes to road use, not sure what the rules are in other cities but the cabs are only allowed to use the Bus lanes if they are carrying a fare......but they don’t seem to understand that and use them as if they are just there for them to use, fare or not.

Men who in the morning drive the car to the station and then hand over control to the wife so that they can drive it home. The reverse operation is performed in the evening.

Yep, that's us. Partly because he's a chauvinist but also because he hates being driven by anyone else really.

I still wake up in a cold sweat thinking about the ones in Buenos Aires. To a man they are fecking insane. I had one trying to send me a Boca Juniors ringtone via Bluetooth and he was spending 90% of his time looking at his phone, 5% at me in the back to see if our phones were connecting and only 5% on the road.

In fairness, we took a lot of cab rides out there and didn't crash once, so maybe they know what they're doing :minger:

Ah, me too, I feel your pain!
Although, mine's in the first part of the night. From 4.30 or so I can fall asleep in seconds! :p

Oppposite to me then. I'm either asleep by 10 or thereabouts or not at all, which was fine when I worked only 2 and a half days a week as I could go back to bed once everyone had gone on a couple of mornings if I needed to but since changing jobs and working every morning and a couple of afternoons as well, I can't do that. I have a feeling it's going to catch up with me at some point, either that or I shall have to go down the sleeping tablet route again.

drivers that don't indicate on roundabouts. Even worse: ones that signal right when theyre turning left off the roundabout, how can they do it? that wouldnt feel right, surely. Also, people who slow down to around 30mph for a speed camera on a stretch which has a 40 limit.(mainly on the A127):thump:

In no particular order...

1) Middle lane hoggers on the motoways. I do make a point of overtaking them and then pulling right across to the inside lane to see if they get the message. Alas, this rarely has an effect

2) People using hand held mobiles at the wheel, or worse still texting whilst driving

3) Thoese drivers who do 45mph in National speed limits, and carry on at that same speed when going through a 30mph zone

4) People who drive at 50mph plus in 30mph zones. Whilst I don't religiously stick to 30, i do at least try and keep somewhere near it. These people normally tailgate you if you are doing anywhere near the speed limit, and when you reach the national zone and put your foot down, they disapear into the distance.

5) Fog lights...i was following this car the other day and a slight mist came across the road from an adjoining field, and she put her fog lights on!!!

In no particular order...

1) Middle lane hoggers on the motoways. I do make a point of overtaking them and then pulling right across to the inside lane to see if they get the message. Alas, this rarely has an effect

2) People using hand held mobiles at the wheel, or worse still texting whilst driving

3) Thoese drivers who do 45mph in National speed limits, and carry on at that same speed when going through a 30mph zone

4) People who drive at 50mph plus in 30mph zones. Whilst I don't religiously stick to 30, i do at least try and keep somewhere near it. These people normally tailgate you if you are doing anywhere near the speed limit, and when you reach the national zone and put your foot down, they disapear into the distance.

5) Fog lights...i was following this car the other day and a slight mist came across the road from an adjoining field, and she put her fog lights on!!!

Was driving home at 2:30 yesteday, quite sunny and the car infront had his lights on and his fog lights on

Them little sixteen year old tw@s on their peds that sit up your a'rse. Then when you shoot off and get some distance between you and you catch tha next car up they tail up behind ya again and sit up your a'sre again! Must admit I do slam my brakes on and then laugh myself to tears at there lil faces when they nearly go up the back of my car, because they really would get skinted for damage!

Back