• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Drones closing Airports

I’m sorry I just don’t believe that, they wouldn’t shut down an airport for 24 hrs without confirmed sightings. Something must have come up on the radars in ATC also.

This comes across as an exercise to make the police look less incompetent because they didn’t find it or anyone involved.

I’m sorry I just don’t believe that, they wouldn’t shut down an airport for 24 hrs without confirmed sightings. Something must have come up on the radars in ATC also.

This comes across as an exercise to make the police look less incompetent because they didn’t find it or anyone involved.

A few things Ricey.

1. They would shut down all incoming and outgoing flights if it had nothing to do with drones but they had received a verified general terrorist threat to the airport but didn't want to alarm the public so close to the Christmas rush.

2. If they had one or more confirmed and verified sightings surely they would have made them public. Why wouldn't they?

3. If ATC had verified radar drone contact (they can tell by the radio frequency they transmit at) why would they not make this information public and allay the disquiet and questions being asked?

4. They cannot confirm the damaged drone found nearby is or was flying at the time of the incidents. It could have been there for days or weeks.

5. The boss of the man arrested called the police to confirm the mans alibi 8 hours after his arrest yet they carried on holding them both.

6. It was announced by the head of PR for Gatwick 24 hours into the shutdown that the drones reported were not of the 50 quid variety bought from the local high street but larger and more sophisticated. (since discredited)

There are far more questions that have some very dubious answers but.............

A £50 drone has battery life of 5 minutes (Syma for example). A £600 drone (Phantom) has life of 25 minutes.

A few things Ricey.

1. They would shut down all incoming and outgoing flights if it had nothing to do with drones but they had received a verified general terrorist threat to the airport but didn't want to alarm the public so close to the Christmas rush.

2. If they had one or more confirmed and verified sightings surely they would have made them public. Why wouldn't they?

3. If ATC had verified radar drone contact (they can tell by the radio frequency they transmit at) why would they not make this information public and allay the disquiet and questions being asked?

4. They cannot confirm the damaged drone found nearby is or was flying at the time of the incidents. It could have been there for days or weeks.

5. The boss of the man arrested called the police to confirm the mans alibi 8 hours after his arrest yet they carried on holding them both.

6. It was announced by the head of PR for Gatwick 24 hours into the shutdown that the drones reported were not of the 50 quid variety bought from the local high street but larger and more sophisticated. (since discredited)

There are far more questions that have some very dubious answers but.............

All very odd, will be interesting to see where this goes. As for the terrorist threat I can do some digging and find out the truth in that.

Earlier, Deputy Chief Constable Jo Shiner stated there were numerous illegal drone sightings at the airport over three days from 19 to 21 December, discounting any doubt over possible sightings.

There were more than 200 sightings since the first drone was spotted, with police taking 67 statements, including from fellow officers and airport staff.

**** me, they don’t their arse from their elbow do they?

Also, take a look at the photo of the arrested couple returning home after being held for 36 hours. 47 and 57 years old my arse :ROFL:

nintchdbpict000457933449-jpg.6819
Craig Bellamy is looking ROUGH these days.

Odd how it's all ground to a halt now isn't it, especially as nobody has been arrested? It seems most the of the suspected drone sightings were in fact the police drones that had been sent up to find this mysterious rogue drone.

#neverhappened.

Odd how it's all ground to a halt now isn't it, especially as nobody has been arrested? It seems most the of the suspected drone sightings were in fact the police drones that had been sent up to find this mysterious rogue drone.

#neverhappened.

Not another wild conspiracy theory?

A drone flew over Roots Hall during half time on Saturday - either that or a tiny space ship!

Back