• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Dru - how much ?

well if the young man is going to get opportunities elsewhere at what level would you say that amount of money is too good to turn down

Was Rotherham wasn't it?

Wouldn't sell for less than a £1m

It’s difficult.
I actually think he had a really poor season ( then again so did many , otherwise we wouldn’t have survived only in the last 5 minutes ) , but he’s young and clearly has talent and think we should keep him for another season and hope to get more interest and more cash

Thinking back to Jack Payne's move to Huddersfield, i would think some team similar to them...ie say a top 6 championship club.

No real idea though, in terms of figures in £'s.

As we all know, he certainly has shown promise to be a great player in the future, but as dannypav said in the previous post, he didnt have the best of seasons in the previous one.

Thinking back to Jack Payne's move to Huddersfield, i would think some team similar to them...ie say a top 6 championship club.

No real idea though, in terms of figures in £'s.

As we all know, he certainly has shown promise to be a great player in the future, but as dannypav said in the previous post, he didnt have the best of seasons in the previous one.
Huddersfield finished something like 17th in the Season before they signed Jack in the summer, they then had good run, dropped him and got promoted.....
Rotherham would be similar for Dru.
Personally I feel we should cash in , as we did with Kane, I don’t think he will be a league player in 5 years.
I am not sure Jack Payne will be either

Looks like Vaulks is going to leave them for Cardiff for over a million. Replacement?

If Powell was in charge I sense we would do everything to try and keep him and he would really need his arm twisted to leave too. However, with Bond in charge, I'm not so sure.

What to do with him is a hard one. What we have to remember is Kane Ferdinand showed just as much promise as Dru, if not more when you consider he was scoring and assisting goals. He got his move to Peterborough and never kicked on. In hindsight, we did better with the sale coming early. Then you look at Dru. We've only seen a small section of one particular season where Dru played well and not very much since. We may never see that good form again. We run the risk of not selling and seeing no progression from him and therefore no money further down the line. Then again, last season could have been a one off and we sell now and he ends up top drawer and we invariably would have sold too cheaply.

A really tough decision for all concerned. One thing is for sure, Ron will never sell cheaply.

How embarrassing- never wise to start by getting Uncle Ron’s back up
Dead in the water then

Rotherham offered £200k. A laughable offer.

200K.... Blimey! as if we would accept that.

If i was Dru, i would have paid £200k to Ron in order stay and not move to that grim northern club whilst still playing in division one.

200k is a bit rude considering Everton got a 1m bid rejected ,well so its been reported.Or has Dru gone that far backwards.

Gives you an insight of Rotherham's idea of trying for a bargain..

D9SJANoW4AE6A4w.jpg:large

Despite what you may think Bond won't have much of a say in the matter.

PB was told two summers ago that Lenny wouldn't be leaving for less than X and Ron stuck to that figure.....Which actually impressed PB because Ron had given him his word.

When any club turn down an offer, they do risk alienating the player. Not sure missing out on Rotherham will upset Dru to much

Bentley remained professional, Lenny's hart wasn't in it. Well certainly until that August 31st deadline had past.

£200k is an embarrassing offer for a kid his age with the amount of games he’s played and time he has left on his contract.

If we sell our better players to rivals in the same league we may as well accept we will never be anything better than a league 1 team.

Back