• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Dru Yearwood

It's easy to forget Dru is only 20, he's got another 3 years on his contract so there's plenty of time for him to break into the first team.

Shame they didn’t just loan him back to us for the season if they weren’t going to use him though.

I would hope we had sell ons, considering the fee we got was likely a lot less than what we’d been offered in previous windows

Surely that is what you do at the end of your career or not good enough for Championship - Think Dru is better than that but money talks!

Bit gutted for him really. Seemed to be destined for huge things at one point. I remember telling someone he’d be our record transfer by a country mile and would end up going right to the top. Such a shame it didn’t work out for him at Brentford. Maybe we needed to sell, but wish we’d hung on to him for a bit longer, for both our sakes.

His Dad used to come in the Shrimpers often last season to watch when Brentford were on. A great opportunity for Dru but I find it a bit strange too.

seems like a good move for Dru, Brentford have done some cracking business there too, I'm not sure how much we got for him but I doubt it was more than 500k so in one season and 5 appearances they've likely tripled his value

Surely the £1.5m is based on certain criteria being met? I can't see how his 5 appearances for Brentford could have tripled his value.

Remarkable for a player who has played relatively few league games and never really lived up to his potential even at league 1 level. Brentford, who trade well at the moment, have clearly decided he's one to move on.

Wonder what the upfront fee was? Maybe 500-750k? So maybe 150-200k for us with the sell on.

What a welcome bit of news that is at the moment.

Was well over rated by a few posters on here. Wasnt anywhere near consistent enough for Championship level football. He does still have plenty of time to show his potential however.

MLS is (from what I seen) championship level on a whole. The odds player is better and the game seems to be played a little slower. Think it may well suit Dru, good luck to the lad

Was well over rated by a few posters on here. Wasnt anywhere near consistent enough for Championship level football. He does still have plenty of time to show his potential however.

I don't think anyone over rated him. Plenty of us said he has great potential for a17/18 year old and Brentford agreed with us.

We have made good money and will make some more. Brentford have made money and Dru is financially made before his 21st birthday........With plenty of years left to prove himself.....If he feels the need or has the motivation to do so.

So far so good but more importantly its a good advert for our academy. We may sign 2 or 3 top lads on the strength of his success.

Back