• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Four years is a huge deal for a 17 year old! Goes to show how much Brown must think of him. Really excited to see him play. He's definitely clocking the minutes up in pre-season and dare I say it, currently looks to be Brown's preferred choice to start alongside Lenny in Wordsworth's absence.

Huge credit to Duncan, Huzzey and Maher. So many of our youngsters have turned pro this season. So good to see.

I've seen Y'wood in both friendlies and he has impressed. He can, as they say "pick a pass". Not a tough tackler but full of energy and creative.

I like Wordsworth but the thought of an athletic, quick midfielder alongside Leonard sounds good to me! We have creative players in other positions and it sounds like Yearwood already has quite a lot to his game.

He's really come on since switching from the wing to the midfield. They've definitely found his best position. Can anyone think of any previous 17 year old's at the club handed a four year contract?

He's really come on since switching from the wing to the midfield. They've definitely found his best position. Can anyone think of any previous 17 year old's at the club handed a four year contract?
Can anyone think of anyone at the club handed a four year contract?

Let's hope no one else is sniffing around.

Makes you wonder. He 17 just broken into the first team by passing the other age groups. offered a 4 year pro contract and talking it over with is parents. Maybe he has other options :winking:

Makes you wonder. He 17 just broken into the first team by passing the other age groups. offered a 4 year pro contract and talking it over with is parents. Maybe he has other options :winking:

Let's hope his parents are the sort of people that used to attend Southend ESC games.

Four years is a huge deal for a 17 year old! Goes to show how much Brown must think of him. Really excited to see him play. He's definitely clocking the minutes up in pre-season and dare I say it, currently looks to be Brown's preferred choice to start alongside Lenny in Wordsworth's absence.

Huge credit to Duncan, Huzzey and Maher. So many of our youngsters have turned pro this season. So good to see.
brown Duncan huzzy and maher all talkin after lastnights match cant all be wrong..........sign the deal dru

Yearwood to be offered professional deal by Blues

SOUTHEND United have opened contract talks with Dru Yearwood, Echosport understands.

More...

Back