• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Dru Yearwood

Anyone know why Dru has barely played for the Brentford first team?

Because he wasn't good enough? He certainly had to go through an almost full pre-season schedule when he got there proving, again, how criminally unfit our players were.

Anyone know why Dru has barely played for the Brentford first team?
He's only 19 and going from a crap League 1 side to one of the promotion chasing sides in the championship is a big step up. He was signed as a prospect for the future, not to slot immediately into the first team.

'Yearwood a really nice player to watch'
Brentford 0-1 Leicester
5aaae4e2-8b99-4d7b-a83b-1c9336b3a52f.jpg

Pat Nevin
Former Chelsea and Scotland winger on BBC Radio 5 Live
He's quite comfortable on the ball, Dru Yearwood - I'm suggesting he's not the quickest player I've seen in my life but he rolls people, gets free-kicks, he's a realy nice player to watch.

Just goes to show!

Having seen a few misplaced passes and needless fouls my immediate reaction was

Ron did well there cashing in.

Well it shows what editing can do. Saw the game highlights last night on MOTD. It must have shown a good 10 minutes and Yearwood was not mentioned once.

apologies if there has been a thread about him recently, but what the hell is going on with him!? Played once for Brentford in the whole season. I heard rumours that he was unfit...

apologies if there has been a thread about him recently, but what the hell is going on with him!? Played once for Brentford in the whole season. I heard rumours that he was unfit...

Story was, like Theo when he went to Colchester, their new clubs were shocked at their lack of fitness. Dru played in the League Cup Tie against Cambridge in August and his mistake led to the Cambridge goal. He started both FA Cup Ties against Stoke and Leicester, played 90 minutes in each and has progressed to the bench for league games.

Brentford are doing pretty well at present and Dru's 20th Birthday is on 17th Feb so he is making progress.

He was unfit when he went - as so many of our players have been. He's on the fringes of the first team.

I believe he did ask to go out on loan but was told very strongly that he is part of their plans.

Last edited:
Brentford playing today with 9 subs and Dru not even close.

Waste of talent to not even get in the side

Brentford playing today with 9 subs and Dru not even close.

Waste of talent to not even get in the side

Hopefully now with the financial implications teams won’t be able to pinch lower teams talent so we get to keep them for longer.

I really feel sorry for Dru he is a great player hope he gets his chance to prove himself.

It's easy to forget Dru is only 20, he's got another 3 years on his contract so there's plenty of time for him to break into the first team.

Back